WITH ENHANCED FOCUS ON FOOD: HPPI gearing up for growth
- Fairway hits B'klyn. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;3/27/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p3
The article reports that Fairway Market has planned to open a grocery store in Brooklyn, New York City, amidst competition from other grocers. Fairway owners Howard Glickberg, Harold Seybert and David Sneddon say they have prospered by keeping a lid on their real estate expenses in a business...
- Ocado gives site biggest overhaul ahead of product range expansion. Goldie, Luan // New Media Age;1/10/2008, p5
The article reports that online grocer Ocado has completed an overhaul of its website in preparation for company expansion. This is said to be the biggest change to the website since it launched in 2002. A number of features have been added to allow for faster shopping, including improved...
- Super natural. Dowdell, Stephen // Progressive Grocer;3/1/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p3
The author focuses on the merger between Whole Foods Market and Wild Oats Markets. He states that the merger is an inevitable consequence of the continuous growth of the organic/natural business. He believes time will tell whether the merger was a right move, given the challenges Whole Foods...
- A great social equalizer: Grocery shopping. Cohen, Aaron D. // Las Vegas Business Press;7/3/95, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p4
Opinion. Discusses issues concerning grocery shopping. Author's claim that it is difficult to look cool in a supermarket; Author's classification of people according to the cars they drive; Claim that all shoppers are equal socially.
- Shop til I drop? Who, me? Falkman, Mary Ann // Packaging Digest;Jul98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p10
Opinion. Gives an individual's opinion on grocery shopping. Details on online grocery shopping; Predictions made by Anderson Consulting company on grocery shopping; Information on the 1998 research from the Food Marketing Institute.
- Seafood tips. Oros, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug95, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p86
Provides tips on how to save money in purchasing seafood. Getting to know the seafood dealer; Qualities of fresh fish, steaks and fillets; Proper packaging of seafood; Application glaze.
- Making home shopping work. Cavanaugh, Tim // American Demographics;Jul97, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p34
Presents the attitude of adult Americans towards grocery shopping. Implications of the study on home shopping business; Market performance of grocery home shopping; Problems in marketing.
- Grocery store wars. Jibrin, Janis // Parenting;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p237
Presents strategies for grocery shopping with children to avoid the child selecting foods he prefers. Appointing the child to an important role when shopping; Initiation of shopping rules.
- Don't make me shop. Erickson, Greg // Beverage World;11/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1648, p87
Opinion. Focuses on the difficult choices shoppers encounter when going to supermarkets. Reference to the author's experiences; Why it is hard for shoppers to choose; Number of United States domestic brands of beer as of 1997; What is the author's conclusion.