DOING THEIR PART: NYC hospitals mobilize staff to support rescue
- New York Area's Largest Hospitals. Southwood, Denise; Apuzzo, Anne // Crain's New York Business;12/29/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p50
Lists New York State's largest hospitals, ranked by their operating expenses. Information about network affiliation of Beth Israel Medical Center; Details of operating expenses at Montefiore Medical Center for the years 2001 and 2002; Number of certified beds at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
- CIRCLE OF LIFE AWARD. Bilchick, Gloria Shur // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2001, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p58
Features the recipients of the Circle of Life Award for 2001 presented by the American Hospital Association in the United States. Beth Israel Medical Center's Department of Pain Management and Palliative Care in New York City; Saint Joseph's Manor's Compassionate Care Focus Group in Trumbull,...
- Tea cart bridges meal gap. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the afternoon tea program at the Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City. Number of tea carts used and floors covered; Variety of food included.
- Concerts, cookies, couches: Hospitals getting warmer. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;10/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p46
Looks at measures which some hospitals in the United States have taken to ensure that patients and their families feel welcomed, with reference to the Beth Israel Medical Center. Comment from Dr. Steven Horowitz, chief of staff of Beth Israel's cardiology unit; Identification of other hospitals...
- The Smiling Hospital. // Time;7/26/1976, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p60
The article features the Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. A brief overview of the architectural design of the medical center is presented. It is stated that patients are given a little blue and white brochure, soon after they enter the hospital which tells them, among other things, what...
- Robots take over at hospitals labs. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;07/14/97, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p12
Presents information on technological robotic laboratory facilities being used by Beth Israel Medical Center and the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. Functions of this equipment; Impact on lab turnaround times; Other hospitals planning on using the robotic laboratory.
- 2012 AHA NOVA Award winners announced. // AHA News;6/25/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p4
The article announces winners of the 2012 American Hospital Association (AHA) NOVA Awards including Boston Children's Hospital, the Henry Ford System in Detroit, Michigan, and Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, New Jersey.
- Trustees buy Beth Israel time. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the funds raised by the board of directors of Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City to keep the hospital afloat in summer 2000. Aversion of financial crisis; Reflection on the board's commitment to the hospital; Root causes of the hospital's financial problems.
- Workers retrain to become task masters. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;9/4/95, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p8
Reports that New York City-based Beth Israel Hospital is offering in-service retraining to 177 of its workers slated for termination. Hospital's goal as to create multiskilled workers; Background of the retraining program; Hospital officials' comments.