FACING BIG DROP-OFF: Airline caterers to lay off 7,900
- Sky Chefs, Gate Gourmet workers to get federal unemployment aid. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/14/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the federal employment aid for in-flight caterers LSG Sky Chefs and Gate Gourmet Division Americas in the United States. Provision of money to help laid-off workers; Distribution of National Emergency Grants to re-employment programs; Reason of the cost cuts by Sky Chefs.
- $1 million challenge. // Air Transport World;Aug96, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p83
Reports on LSG Lufthansa Service/SKY Chef's announcement of its search for a major airline partner during the annual conference of the International Inflight Food Service in April 1996. LSG/SKY Chef's offer to provide discounted food and labor in exchange for advertisement from the airline.
- Down-to-earth meals. Nichols, Don; Adams, Michael // Restaurant Business;11/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 16, p40
Reports on the plan by airline food caterer LSG Lufthansa Service/SKY Chefs to expand into the home-meal replacement service. Provision of take-out meals to 20 grocery stores in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina; Contracting with Southland Corp.; Costs for satisfying USDA requirements.
- Welcome abord! So what do you want? // Food Management;Mar1998, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on a study which was conducted by LSG-Sky Chefs relating to the preference of passengers from the foodservice. Identification of four types of inflight foodservice customers; What was revealed about higher income men; Findings of the study.
- LSG Sky Chefs' Nepal unit halal certified. // PAX International;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that unit of LSG Sky Chefs at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, Nepal have received a halal certification from the Brahim Halal Excellence Center caterer.
- LSG Sky Chef opens two China operations. // PAX International;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the two operations in service opened by LSG Sky Chefs in northwestern China.
- Fine-tuning LSG. Hill, Leonard // Air Transport World;Nov2000, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p97
Provides information on developments at LSG Lufthansa Service Holding AG. Retirement of chairman and chief executive officer Helmut Woelki; Plans to acquire the remaining shares of Onex Food Services Inc.; Reorganization of LSG Holdings Inc.
- LSG Sky Chefs buys majority shares in three Brazilian operations. // PAX International;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the acquisition of 70% share of three catering units by LSG Sky Chefs in Brazil.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/8/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p3
Reports several developments in the food service industry of the United States. Employee retrenchments by LSG Sky Chefs; Appointment of John Gilbert as chief marketing officer for KFC restaurants; Boost in the quick service sales.