FOLLOWING SEPT. 11 ATTACKS: Corporate dining scrambles to reinstate cafeteria svc
- Lehman's 3Q Profits Down 32%. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;9/26/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 185, p15
Reports on the disclosure made by United States investment bank Lehman Brothers that its net income for its fiscal third-quarter in 2001 declined from a year earlier. Pressures felt by Lehman Brothers before and after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New...
- Mutually beneficial. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the success of the partnership between investment banking firm Lehman Brothers Inc. and mutual fund Fidelity Investments Inc. Terms and conditions of the deal; Improvement in Lehman's equity underwriting business; Lehman's access to Fidelity customers.
- 'We talked ourselves into a recession'. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing;3/12/2009, p13
The article reports on the impact of the bankruptcy of financial services firm Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. on the perception of other companies regarding business risks. According to John Betteridge, director of investment for financial provider Prudential PLC, the Lehman bankruptcy has...
- Lehman Brothers PE Partners Posts Value Increase. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/14/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on the financial performance of Lehman Brothers Private Equity Partners (LBPE) in the U.S. LBPE revealed that its net asset value increased 3.8% to $10.77 a share since the beginning of 2008. The total estimated net asset value of LBPE's private equity investments amounted to...
- The High Cost of Going Bankrupt. Bayer, Alexei // Research;Aug2009, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p49
The article offers information on the bankruptcy of the Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in New York City. This giant financial company, which operated 160 years in the industry, filed closure due to the 613 billion dollars debt. It has been the largest bankruptcy ever recorded in history where...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Money Marketing;4/3/2008, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the financial services industry. Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. is consulting on whether it will suspend lending at its two Great Britain subsidiaries SPML and Preferred. Friends Provident PLC has rejected a Â£3.5 billion offer from private equity group...
- Acquisition gets Lehman back in institutional game. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;8/4/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p6
Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s acquisition of Neuberger Berman Inc. puts Lehman firmly back on the institutional investment map. Lehman Brothers' January 2003 acquisition of Lincoln Capital Fixed Income Management Co., Chicago, Illinois, brought in $30 billion in pure institutional assets....
- Lehman Reports Strong Quarter. // American Banker;12/14/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 238, p18
Reports that Lehman Brothers Holding Inc. earning rose 41% on gains in the fixed-income trading and stock sales in the fourth quarter of 2005. Brief data is given on share value.
- First quarter is shaping up as winner for financial firms. Kleege, Stephen // American Banker;3/25/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 57, p25
Reports that Lehman Brothers produced a strong earnings report for financial services companies in the United States for the first quarter of 1996. Comparision to 1995; Problems companies might experience; Overview of bank stocks; Comments from analyst, Charles Vincent.