Rice Hypersensitive Induced Reaction Protein 1 (OsHIR1) associates with plasma membrane and triggers hypersensitive cell death
- In vitro evolution of styrene monooxygenase from Pseudomonas putida CA-3 for improved epoxide synthesis. Gursky, Lucas J.; Nikodinovic-Runic, Jasmina; Feenstra, K. Anton; O'Connor, Kevin E. // Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology;Jan2010, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p995
The styAB genes from Pseudomonas putida CA-3, which encode styrene monooxygenase, were subjected to three rounds of in vitro evolution using error-prone polymerase chain reaction with a view to improving the rate of styrene oxide and indene oxide formation. Improvements in styrene monooxygenase...
- valine. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2433
A reference entry for "valine" which refers to a branded-chain amino acid is presented.
- The ABCs of BCAAs. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan98, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p132
Focuses on branched-chain amino acids as a link to a more muscular body in bodybuilders. Explanation of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs); Importance of the BCAAs to a bodybuilder; Discussion of the promotion of muscle hypertrophy through BCAAs; Promotion of fat loss; Anabolic effects of...
- BCAA. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p251
A reference entry for the acronym "BCAA" which means branched-chain amino acids is presented.
- Insulin, branched-chain amino acids, and growth failure in uremia. Mak, Robert H. K. // Pediatric Nephrology;1998, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p637
Insulin and branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) metabolism was studied in 14 adolescents with uremia on hemodialysis. Glucose tolerance was measured by intravenous glucose tolerance tests. Insulin sensitivity was measured by the euglycemia clamp technique. Insulin secretion during constant...
- What to up when dieting down. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov98, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p28
Details the study conducted on the role of branched-chain amino-acid in weight loss. Study on competitive wrestlers; Percentage of calories in the diet.
- Recharge your muscles. Mejia, Michael // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov98, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p74
Provides information on the basic approach to combat fatigue factor. Neurotransmitters implicated in central nervous system fatigue; Beneficial effects of branched-chain amino-acid supplementation; Proposed mechanisms of peripheral fatigue. INSET: Proposed mechanisms of peripheral fatigue..
- BCAAs Kill Bodyfat. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun2010, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p52
The article offers information on the benefits of the branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) that can prevent fat gain, lower insulin levels, and reduce tissue triglyceride levels, according to the study of Oita University in Japan.
- Branched chain amino acids decrease tardive dyskinesia symptoms. Richardson, M. A.; Bevans, Margaret L.; Weber, Josephine B.; Gonzalez, Janet J.; Flynn, Cheryl J.; Amira, Leora; Read, Laura L.; Suckow, Raymond F.; Maher, Timothy J. // Psychopharmacology;1999, Vol. 143 Issue 4, p358
Abstract Rationale: Prior studies had suggested (a) that a lessened ability to clear ingested forms of the large neutral amino acid (LNAA), phenylalanine (Phe), was associated with having tardive dyskinesia (TD), and (b) that greater availability of a group of LNAA, the branched chain amino...