The Sea survival triangle: simplicity aids recall
- Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers. // Body Bulletin;Oct2002, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p4
Provides tips for proper use of fire extinguishers.
- A tool best left unused. Taylor, Jeff // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Feb97, Vol. 21 Issue 132, p61
Gives directions and tips on how to operate a fire extinguisher. Types of fires; Features of a household portable fire extinguisher; Color-coded pressure gauges; Keeping fire extinguishers in vehicles; Assessment of house for fire hazard. INSETS: Don't keep the home fires burning, by Nestor...
- Holiday home fire safety tips. // Ellis County Press;11/24/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p8
The article offers suggestions from Paul Davis Emergency Services to prevent fire at home during holiday season which includes use of non-combustible decoration, no broken sockets and fire extinguishers.
- Portable fire extinguishers. // Fleet Equipment;May98, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
Presents tips for handling and preventing fires. Types of fire identified by the National Fire Protection Association; Why extinguishers work; How to ensure the use of fire extinguishers during a fire.
- LARRY'S SAFETY CLINIC. Kotkowski, Larry // Equipment Echoes;Winter2009, Issue 95, p2
The article offers tips on how to prevent fire hazards in the work area including checking the work area for any hazards before a work starts and having a good fire extinguisher.
- Triumphant success for International Fire Expo. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p22
Presents information on the 2003 International Fire Expo in Birmingham, England. Demonstration of the Cobra Cutting Extinguisher; Features of Fivalco & IFI Limited's Rapidrop flexible sprinkler that won an award in the event; Winners of the Fire Safety Engineering Design Award.
- NCCC hosts fire Safety demonstration. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/4/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 234, p7
The article reports on the move of the North Country Community College (NCCC) in hosting a fire safety awareness and demonstrations with fire extinguishers in which the college has been working with the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control.
- Basics of portable fire extinguishers. Firestone, Cheryl M. // Plant Engineering;May99, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p77
Focuses on the basics of portable fire extinguishers. Types of fire extinguishers; Location and placement of fire extinguishers in factories; Selection; Maintenance; Characteristics; Requirements. INSETS: Classes of extinguishers.;Recommended marking system..
- Old Protector. // New Yorker;5/3/1958, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p32
This article cites an ancient blue glass decanter that once used as a fire extinguisher. The decanter was found by a man in his attic in Boston, Massachusetts. Around the neck of the decanter ran a paper collar bearing the words: In case of fire, break bottles in such manner as to liberate the...