CityCat fleet relocates to Rivergate Marine and Shipyard
- Dying Corporate Support for Community Events. // Spice;8/1/2012, Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the success of the Racecourse Road Carnival held in Brisbane despite the lack of funding. Marianne Edmonds, director at LOUD Events, said that the LOUD has managed to deliver the carnival with the help of Brisbane Airport Corp. and the Brisbane City Council. Edmonds notes...
- New technology helps identify right location for trees. // Australasian Parks & Leisure;Spring2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
The article discusses the heat and cool-spot technology used by the Brisbane City Council to target where trees should be planted in Brisbane, Australia. The basis of the technology is thermal bands of radiation reflected back from the Earth's surface to map surface temperatures differences. It...
- Gadgets & gilhickies. Wheeler, Dave; Delabio, Chuck // Yachting;Nov97, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p48
Presents solutions to boating problems. Includes keeping the dog's water dish in place; Temporary repair for the ferrule joining two parts of a fishing rod; Keelhauling a transducer.
- Power trip. Frederiksen, Peter // Yachting;Feb98, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p44
Presents guidelines in repowering of boats. Budget allocation; Replacement of old engines; Upgrading of the electrical system.
- Prescription for busted boats and motors. Stearns, B. // Field & Stream;Mar1991, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p124
Gives advice on products and procedures to use to make metallic and fiberglass repairs, fix outboard engines and cover up a gash in a boat's gel coat.
- Prepping for painting. // Yachting;Apr84, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p98
No matter what surface, its proper preparation is the most important procedure in assuring the success of a new coating. General painting and varnishing tips. Preparing fiberglass by sanding. Prepping the gel without sanding. INSET: on common problems and their causes..
- Refinishing fiberglass. // Yachting;Apr84, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p102
Modern applications in this highly technical procedure require a thorough understanding of surfaces and coatings and how they affect each other. Preparation of the surface; application; tips for selecting polyurethane.
- How to make your sails last longer. Ulmer, C. // Yachting;Feb89, Vol. 176 Issue 2, p24
Gives advice on how to extend the life of a sail made of Mylar/Kelvar or Mylar/Spectra. Abrasion and loading effect the life of the sail; Operating within the load limits of the fabric; Safety factors.
- Fool-proof varnishing. Castle, B. // Yachting;May89, Vol. 176 Issue 5, p67
Gives advice on varnishing wooden boats. Types of varnish; Number of coats needed for proper finish and protection; Cleaning brushes; Varnishing teak. INSET: The ultimate brush..