Specialist maritime and marine training in the heart of the Gippsland Lakes
- `Smart walls' facilitate fast move. // Buildings;Sep94, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p76
Features the Steeplepoint Instructional Support Center in Houston, Texas founded by the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Comment by Ben Franks, director of facilities planning; Use of Ultrawall system.
- School quadrangle features exotic educational park. // Curriculum Review;Dec91, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p30
Reports that students at DuSable High School in Chicago's inner city, cultivate a garden with exotic plants and tropical fowls on the school's inner quadrangle. How Dr. Emiel Hamberlin, horticulture and biology teacher, describes the garden; Different kinds of tropical fowls in the...
- Public school teacher runs not-for-profit-after-school... // Curriculum Review;Jan1992, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on RAMP, a not-for-profit after-school center which is an educational alternative to innercity streets for at-risk, nonreading schoolchildren. Sessions of RAMP; Reason why RAMP was founded by Michael Brownstein; Qualities of the tutors at RAMP; How the tutors was trained.
- CENTER WELCOMES ALL DENOMINATIONS. // Ebony;Jul1956, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p88
The article offers information on the Christian Education center of the Wheat Street Baptist church in Atlanta, Georgia designed by an African American architect E.C. Miller in 1954.
- Community schools expand boundaries. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/25/98, Vol. 240 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the efforts of needy neighborhoods in the United States to expand and improve educational centers. Details on the plans to construct the Tenderloin Community School and Family Center in San Francisco, California; Comments made by Jennifer K. Devlin, project manager for the school's...
- The Medina Valley Centre--fieldwork on the Isle of Wight. Herbert, Roger // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Autumn92, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p167
Features Medina Valley Center, a residential outdoor education center near Newport on the Isle of Wight, England. Development of biology, geography and balanced science field courses; Program design and A-level courses; Features of the island as an educational resource; Research and...
- trees company. Adderley, Barbara // Louisville Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on Louisville, Kentucky-based educational center called Forest Discovery Center. Size of the facility; Features of man-made tree; Seating capacity of theater; Mural about wood; Business hours; Entrance costs; Contact information.
- Education center. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p31
Reports that Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien opened a Canadian Education Center in Jakarta, Indonesia, to promote Canadian educational and training institutions and associations. Offering of information and consulting services.
- Medical campus gets a meeting place. Kent, Cheryl // Architectural Record;Nov1996, Vol. 184 Issue 11, p94
Focuses on the architectural design of the Eric P. Newman Education Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Focus on the center's classrooms, meeting rooms and auditorium; Construction of the auditorium at the first-story northeast corner of the center; Cannon as architect; Randy Burkett Lighting Design...