Darwin port in record iron are shipment
- New projects. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Dec94, Vol. 195 Issue 12, p61
Reports on project developments concerning iron ore companies as of December 1994. SNIM's inauguration of a project to produce 6M mt/year high-grade ores for 20 years; MBR Pico's expansion in Brazil.
- Control and ownership. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Dec94, Vol. 195 Issue 12, p61
Highlights Raw Materials Group's study on the top leading iron companies as of December 1994. World production; Ownership; Nationalities.
- World trade in iron ore reached all-time record in 1994. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Dec95, Vol. 196 Issue 12, p121
Assesses the performance of the iron ore industry in 1994. Prices; Increase in production; Strong demand for ferrous metals.
- New Iron Ore Port Planned for the Pilbara. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Apr2010, Vol. 211 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the government's plan to prepare an Industrial Precinct Development Agreement to develop Anketell as a major deepwater iron ore port for the Pilbara in Western Australia.
- Iron ore consumption rises in 1995. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May96, Vol. 197 Issue 5, p16JJ
Reports on the four percent increase in iron ore consumption by American steel makers in 1995. Comparison with 1994 figures; Comments of R. Thomas Green Jr., chairman of the American Iron Ore Association; Iron ore consumption in Canada in 1995.
- Rio Tinto opens new iron ore mine in the Pilbara's Robe Valley. // Mining & Quarry World;Mar2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the opening of the 901 million dollar Mesa A/Warramboo iron ore mine of Rio Tinto PLC in the Pilbara region, Western Australia.
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/16/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 20, p9
Announces the discovery of a large new iron ore mine south of Aswan, Egypt. Economic benefits; Expected amount of iron ore reserves; Quality of the ore; Gold mining prospects in the area around Aswan.
- Rail loading capacity increased. // Mining World;Feb2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the increase in the rail loading capacity at Parsons plant to 16 meter (M) tonnes (to) of iron ore every year to raise the volume of iron ore produced at Khumani mine in Northern Cape, South Africa in 2012.
- FROM RUSSIA WITH ORE. Scherer, Rebecca // Conference Board Review;Summer2010, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p72
The article reports that several of China's largest steel-producing companies have entered into agreements with Russia in 2010 to mine iron ore in Siberia in order to reduce their production costs, a move that is projected to further increase China's steel production which grew by 27% over the...