FairPoint Exits Chapter 11
- Deal 'em in. Smith, Ashley // New Hampshire Business Review;1/28/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that FairPoint Communications Inc. emerged from bankruptcy after reorganizes its firm in New Hampshire.
- Debt reckoning. // New Hampshire Business Review;2/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the bankruptcy reorganization plan filed by Fairpoint Communications Corp.
- PUC staff, FairPoint in accord on targets. Smith, Ashley // New Hampshire Business Review;3/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the proposed settlement of the staff in the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) on the bankruptcy case filed by the FairPoint Communications Inc. in New Hampshire.
- The Rise in Personal Bankruptcies: The Eighth Federal Reserve District and Beyond. Garrett, Thomas A. // Review (00149187);Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p15
Personal bankruptcy filings in the United States increased, per capita, nearly 350 percent between 1980 and 2005. This paper first addresses the changes in economic and institutional factors that have occurred over the past 100 years, many of which have occurred in the past 30 years, which are...
- Q&A. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;5/4/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p3
An interview with Patrick C. McHugh, president of FairPoint Communications Inc. in New Hampshire is presented. When asked about the directions he wants to lead on his company for the next years, he mentions his aims in making his company financially strong to avoid bankruptcy. He mentions his...
- FairPoint: Our Future Depends on Their Fiber. // Business NH Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p41
The article focuses on the business condition of FairPoint Communications Inc., a telecommunications company in North Carolina. It notes that 2008 was a tough year when they underwent a transition after acquiring Verizon's Internet lines in February and had to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy in...
- FairPoint: We're working on issues. Brooks, David // New Hampshire Business Review;9/25/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p12
The article focuses on the plans of Fairpoint Communications Inc. to solve customer-related issues in New Hampshire. It mentions the statement of industrial regulators on its delay in providing broadband Internet connections to customers in the area, and reports company's efforts to avoid...
- FairPoint at a crossroads. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;11/6/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the impact of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization filed by Fairpoint Communications Inc. on October 30, 2009 in New Hampshire. It notes that the plan would decrease interest payment from 200 million to 65 million dollars a year. The company's chief executive David...
- The Hawaii bankruptcy blueprint. Smith, Ashley // New Hampshire Business Review;11/6/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the effect of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection plan filed by telephone company FairPoint Communications Inc. on its customers in Hawaii. According to Hawaii Public Utilities Commission attorney Lisa Kim, the bankruptcy does not affect any major service problems. It is...