Coast Guard Seeks Info on Long Range Interceptor
- Air France Flight 447 Recovery Assisted by USCG and Advanced SAR Technology. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;7/13/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the use of an advanced technology of the U.S. Coast Guard in assisting to recover the remains of passengers and crew members lost in Flight 447 on June 1, 2009. Details are discussed relating to Search-and-Rescue Optimal Planning Systems (SAROPS) which include a tracking...
- Coast Guard Trimming Requirements On OPC To Contain Costs, Commandant Says. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/4/2011, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that U.S. Coast Guard Commandant Admiral Bob Papp has told the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on the Coast Guard that he has directed a review of requirements for the Offshore Patrol Cutter (OPC) with affordability as key. It is stated that the...
- Coast Guard C4IT Service Center Plans Industry Day. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/25/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p24
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Coast Guard C4 Information Technology Service Center to hold an Industry Day at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. in Arlington, Virginia on August 17, 2011.
- Coast Guard Seeks IT Support for Search and Rescue Optimal Planning System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/9/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p23
The article reveals that sources are being sought by the U.S. Coast Guard Command and Control Engineering Center which can provide system life-cycle operations and maintenance information technology (IT) support services for the Search and Rescue Optimal Planning Systems and associated Common...
- General Dynamics' [GD]: GD Nabs $11 Coast Guard Award for IT Support. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/17/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p15
The article reports that the Information Technology business unit of General Dynamics (GD) has made a purchase agreement with the U.S. Coast Guard to provide Force Readiness Command (FORCECOM) information technology (IT) support services over a five-year period.
- Useful Information. WITTMAN, AMY L. // Sea Power;May2012, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including actionable intelligence, the U.S. navies' operational adaptation, and the network security challenges and information technology initiatives of the Coast Guard.
- US Coast Guard Installs EnergyMiser. // Energy & Power Management;Dec2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p27
The article reports on the installation of USA Technologies Inc. of its EnergyMiser technology on the U.S. Coast Guard bases in San Francisco and Oakland. The American designed technology reduces energy consumption and cut energy costs. Much of the EnergyMiser technology is being purchased...
- Managing C4IT. MARCARIO, JOHN C. // Sea Power;Apr2009, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p30
The article focuses on the creation of a centralized management command, control, communications, computers and information technology (C4IT) operations of the U.S. Coast Guard. The new structure will examine the three independent C4IT service centers, in order to determine their strength and...
- USCG Installs EnergyMiser. // Energy & Power Management;Feb2007, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p25
The article reports on the installation of the EnergyMiser technology at the U.S. Coast Guard in Malvern, Pennsylvania. The EnergyMiser was developed by USA Technologies Inc. Moreover, it has been reported by the USA Technologies Inc. on October 3, 2006 that a VendingMiser technology was also...