DHS S&T Seeks Research Expertise for Homeland Security Enterprise
- S&T Releases 2011 Long-Range BAA. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;2/2/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the long-range Broad Agency Announcement issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology branch for 2011.
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: DHS Has Taken Action Designed to Identify and Address Overlaps and Gaps in Critical Infrastructure Security Activities. // GAO Reports;6/20/2011, p1
The article focuses on the report of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regarding its framework called the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP) which aims to protect critical infrastructure and key resources (CIKR) in the U.S. It mentions that the report provides information on...
- DHS Has Opportunities to Better Identify and Address Barriers to EEO in Its Workforce. Jones, Yvonne D. // GAO Reports;10/1/2009, preceding p1
The article explores the review conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) on the Management Directive (MD) 715 of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the guidance of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) of the MD-715. This intends to eliminate barriers in...
- Civic Security. Dallek, Matthew // Democracy: A Journal of Ideas;Winter2008, Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the issues surrounding the homeland security in the U.S. It mentions the announcement of President George W. Bush's plan to create a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) which received positive feedback. However, DHS' unpreparedness to handle the hurricane Katrina...
- The Images & Stories Live On. // Professional Safety;Sep2011, Vol. 56 Issue 9, preceding p1
Information on the 2011 Chemical Sector Security Summit held in Baltimore, Maryland, hosted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Chemical Sector Coordinating Council is presented. The two-day summit centers its discussion on the importance of public-private partnership towards...
- DHS Issues Draft RFP for BioWatch SETA. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p20
The article reports that a draft Request for Proposal (RFP) for Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support has been issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for the BioWatch Program Office within the Office of Health Affairs.
- Exit Plan. Sternstein, Aliya // Government Executive;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on cancellation of one billion dollars of virtual fence in absence of availability of suitable technologies by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Remarks Following a Meeting With Congressional Leaders July 24, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/29/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p1247
Presents the text of the remarks of U.S. President George W. Bush following a meeting with U.S. Congressional leaders regarding the Department of Homeland Security legislation on July 24, 2002.
- Remarks on Proposed Legislation To Establish the Department of Homeland Security July 26, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/29/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p1258
Presents the text of the remarks of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding the proposed legislation to establish the Department of Homeland Security on July 26, 2002.