Charter Does TiVo Box Trot
- Analyst: TiVo Pursuing New Partners. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the transition of TiVo from a set-top firm to one that is licensing its software to satellite and cable companies in the U.S., which is pursuing new partners for its technology according to Merriman Capital managing director Mark Harding.
- Finance briefs. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p42
Reports on the financial performance of cable television companies in the United States as of November 1, 1999. Includes TiVo Inc.'s financial performance for the third quarter of its fiscal year 1999; Mediacom LLC's acquisition of Zylstra Communications Corp.
- TiVo Opens Up Two New Boxes for Cable. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p90
The article reports on the move of TiVo Inc. to offer multiple system operators (MSOs) and enhanced its iPad application to integrate with cable video services as its aims to win business from cable operators in the U.S.
- Comcast Accord Gives TiVo a Lift. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the partnership of cable television company Comcast Corp. with Tivo to develop a software for its discrete-variable representation platform. Significance of the partnership to TiVo; Background on TiVo; Factors that led to the partnership.
- Time Warner adds new Wink interactive service to L.A. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the partnership of Wink Communications Inc.'s Enhanced Broadcasting with Time Warner Communication for digital cable services in Los Angeles, California. Agreements of the partnership; Statement of Executive Vice President Melinda White concerning the partnership; Broadband operation...
- Newhouse Could Claim 2M Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Reports the negotiation between America Online Time Warner Inc. and Newhouse family for a cable television operation partnership in the U.S. Removal of cable television subscribers from Time Warner Cable; Speculation of Wall Street investors on the outcome of the negotiation; Expansion of cable...
- Nick adds carriage. // Daily Variety;12/19/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 14, p8
Reports the partnership between Nickelodeon Latin America and Argentine cabler Cablevision.
- Charter Inks Pact With Va. Town. // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the agreement of Charter Communications Inc. with the city council to maintain its cable television franchise in Suffolk, Virginia.
- Charter offers customer perks, system upgrades. Shepherd, Shawn // Business Press;04/16/99, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p3
Reports on steps taken by Charter Communications Inc. to repair the damage to its corporate image done by its much-maligned Marcus Cable operation in Texas. Charter's goal to be recognized as an excellent provider of customer service and high-technology communications; Launch of an external...