FOR THE RECORD
- BIZ Briefs. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p25
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 21, 2005. Appointment of Herb Scannell and Bill Roedy at MTV Networks; Refusal of Liberty Media chairman John Malone to spend money on a proposed third satellite operator.
- Fox nears deal for liberty stake. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on United States-based News Corp.'s plan to acquire Liberty Media Corp.'s stake in Fox/Liberty Networks. Liberty Chairman John Malone's stake in News Corp.; Speculations about Liberty Media Corp.'s plan to buy MCI Worldcom's stake in News Corp.; Increased demand for sports rights.
- Starz may reshape film universe. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/4/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on expectations regarding the performance of two pay TV networks in the U.S. The Starz network owned by John Malone is predicted to purchase as many as 12 new films a year overseen by veteran studio head Chris McGurk. Showtime, under the umbrella of Leslie Moonves' CBS, could...
- Liberty's ready to deal with News Corp. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/20/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the negotiations between Liberty Media Corp. chairman John Malone and News Corp. head Rupert Murdoch in the U.S. Interest in swapping News stock for international channels and programming assets; Speculation on the interest of Malone on international versions of the National...
- Antennas revisited: A look at developing trends. Markley, Don // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports the use of panel antennas for television broadcasting in the United States. Installation of panel antennas at 150 kilowatts power; Application of panel antennas in multiple station standby systems; Reduction of the pattern distortion effects.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p23
Informs about rankings of top basic cable programs in United States from July 24-30, 1995 and pay cable programs from July 24-30, 1995. `Kindergarten Cop,' movie; `The Terminator,' movie; `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage'; More.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p17
Presents the ratings of television programs in the United States from July 31 to August 6, 1995.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p19
Presents a list of top rated television programs in the United States for the week starting from July 24 to 30, 1995.
- Networks losing tiny viewers to cable. Gelman, Morrie // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p32
Reports on the competition between children's broadcast networks and cable television networks. Losses in viewership incurred by ABC, CBS and Fox; Audience strength shown by Nickelodeon; Programs scheduled by networks.