The Netflix Niche
- NETFLIX FLUX. // Daily Variety;10/25/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that investors at Netflix Inc. were disappointed at the 810,000 decline of their streaming subscribers for the second quarter of 2011. Reed Hastings, chief executive officer at Netflix, states that they will pause their international expansion until they get back to their...
- Netflix Meeting With European Officials. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;12/9/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p6
The article reports that video streaming service provider Netflix has met with representatives of the French government to discuss the country's pay-television options.
- Netflix stock plummets after warning. // Daily Variety;9/16/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 49, p7
The article reports on the reduction of the subscriber estimates of Netflix Inc. by 1 million as of the third quarter of 2011 due to the impact of its drastic price changes.
- NETFLIX AND DISNEY INK AN EXCLUSIVE PAY-TV DEAL IN CANADA. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;7/21/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on a deal signed by Netflix that gives it an exclusive pay-television access to first-run Disney movies in Canada beginning in 2015.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p36
The article informs that around 27 percent pay television (TV) subscribers are also Netflix Inc.'s members.
- NUMBER. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/18/2016, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p27
A percentage of the share of respondents to a survey of pay television and over-the-top content subscribers who said they frequently stream content in the car or while riding public transportation is presented.
- Netflix a Conquering Army. ARNOLD, THOMAS K. // Home Media Magazine;7/21/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p3
The article focuses on the impact of the subscription streaming service offered by Netflix on the disc sales business and on broadcast television (TV).
- NETFLIX: TV AD DISRUPTOR OR TIME SAVER? // Broadcasting & Cable;8/31/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 29, p19
The article focuses on data from the technology website Exstreamist showing the time savings offered by the advertising (ad)-free, subscription-only approach of streaming media provider Netflix to consumers who do not want to watch ads.
- Virgin Media Becomes First Cable System Offering Netflix to Subscribers. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/16/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the plan of Virgin Media, a provider of fixed and mobile telephone, television (TV) and broadband Internet services, to start offering Netflix to its pay-TV subscribers in Great Britain on September 9, 2013. According to the company's owner Liberty Global, it will launch...