TWC Delivers Strong Q4
- Marketers leery about adapting to system. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;12/19/1994 - 12/26/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 53, p37
Reports on the hesitation of marketers to support interactive television systems. Limitations on marketing applications of Time Warner Inc.'s Full Service Network; Costs and challenges in building interactive TV applications.
- Time for interactive TV. Weiner, Rex // Variety;12/19/94, Vol. 357 Issue 8, p51
Reports on the launching of Time Warner Cable's Full Service Network interactive system in Orlando, Florida. Press conference for the launching; Services to be attended by the network; Features and functions; Remarks of Time Warner chairman Gerald M. Levin.
- TCM introduces colour to on-screen branding. Rogers, Emily // Marketing (00253650);3/11/2004, p14
Turner Classic Movies (TCM), the Time Warner Inc.-owned cable and satellite channel, is brightening up its image to build on its growing appeal to younger audiences. The channel now has a high proportion of 25-to 44-year-old viewers, attracted by the cult status of classic movies. This...
- PPV quarterly numbers lack punch. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;10/23/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 10, p68
Reports on the revenue loss posted by cable television network PPV form the third quarter of 2000 according to a report from Showtime Event Television Pay Per View. Revenues from boxing and wrestling events.
- B'casters can't sweep away TBS, ESPN, Nick. Bierbaum, Tom // Variety;12/06/99, Vol. 377 Issue 4A, p28
Looks at the posted earnings of cable television networks in the United States as of December 1999. TBS; ESPN; Nickelodeon.
- For The Record. // Multichannel News;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p62
Presents a round-up of news about the United States cable television as of November 2000. 1999 revenue increase posted by cable operators and satellite providers, according to a Veronis Suhler Associates report; Pegasus Communications Corp.'s creation of Pegasus Broadband Communications Inc.;...
- NUE-TV's Painful Waiting Game. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the moves undertaken by New Urban Entertainment-Television in continuing major financial investment in the United States. Termination of employees in the production and administration department; Determination to pursue business operations; Negotiations with AOL Time Warner Inc. for...
- Channnel 5 program budget to rise 50%. // Daily Variety;11/07/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 47, p8
Reports the increase of the program budget of Channel 5, a cable television network in Great Britain.
- Talking big. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 48, p25
Reports that America's Talking has signed a deal with Time Warner that includes more than 3 million non-retransmission subscribers.