Acute Kidney Injury: Not Just Acute Renal Failure Anymore?
- Risk of acute kidney injury with levetiracetam. // Reactions Weekly;1/21/2017, Vol. 1635 Issue 1, p4
An abstract of the article "KEPPRA (levetiracetam) - Assessing the Potential Risk of Acute Kidney Injury (Acute renal failure/Interstitial nephritis)" is presented.
- Acute oxalate nephropathy. Hinchliffe, W. T.; Fenwick, S.; Macdougall, K. // Clinical Medicine;Dec2012, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p600
A photograph is presented of renal biopsy of patient with acute kidney injury.
- Reflex anuria following acute cardiac event. Jeevagan, Vijayabala; Navinan, Mitrakrishnan; Munasinghe, Arunie; Nazar, Abdul; Wijewardena, Anura; Constantine, Godwin // BMC Nephrology;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: Reflex anuria is an uncommon cause for acute renal failure, which occurs almost always after manipulation or irritation to kidneys, ureter, bladder or other pelvic organs. Case presentation: Here we describe a case of acute renal failure due to reflex anuria following acute cardiac...
- Defining renal failure in cirrhosis -Acute kidney injury classification or traditional criteria? Cardenas, Andres // Annals of Hepatology: Official Journal of the Mexican Associatio;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p984
The article offers the author's insights on the article "Evaluation of the Acute Kidney Injury Network criteria in hospitalized patients with cirrhosis and ascites," by S. Piano and colleagues, published in the 2013 issue of the "Journal of Hepatology." Topics discussed include the definition of...
- Bone morphogenic protein-7: a new prognostic marker for acute kidney injury? Kanbay, Mehmet; Covic, Adrian // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;Feb2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p106
A letter from Turkish internal medicine specialist Mehmet Kanbay and Adrian Kovic on the association of bone morphogenic protein-7 with acute kidney injury (AKI) is presented. It mentions that acute kidney injury is characterized by a sudden loss of the ability of the kidneys to excrete...
- Diagnosis and management of acute kidney injury in patients with cirrhosis: revised consensus recommendations of the International Club of Ascites. Angeli, Paolo; Gines, Pere; Wong, Florence; Bernardi, Mauro; Boyer, Thomas D.; Gerbes, Alexander; Moreau, Richard; Jalan, Rajiv; Sarin, Shiv K.; Piano, Salvatore; Moore, Kevin; Lee, Samuel S.; Durand, Francois; Salerno, Francesco; Caraceni, Paolo; Kim, W. Ray; Arroyo, Vicente; Garcia-Tsao, Guadalupe // Gut;Apr2015, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p531
The article offers information on the diagnosis and management of acute kidney injury in patients with cirrhosis. It mentions that acute renal failure (ARF) is a common complication in patients with decompensated cirrhosis. It also mentions that the traditional diagnostic criteria of renal...
- Dialysis for acute renal failure due to crush injuries after the Armenian earthquake. Richards, N.T.; Tattersall, J.; McCann, M.; Samson, A.; Mathias, T.; Johnson, A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/18/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6671, p443
Examines the dialysis for acute renal failure due to crush injuries in Armenia. Description of an acute renal failure induced by myoglobin after trauma; Documentation of non-traumatic acute renal failures; Treatment of the condition.
- Key Word Index For Volume 55. // Kidney International;Jun1999, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p2621
Presents the key word index for articles in Volume 55 of the 'Kidney International' journal such as acute renal failure and cadaveric renal transplantation.
- Clinical: Clinical Review - Acute kidney injury. // GP: General Practitioner;2/25/2011, p39
The article presents information on multiple aetiologies and risk factors related to acute kidney injury (AKI), which was previously known as acute renal failure. It mentions that the condition is often preventable and reversible, which arises from a rapid fall in kidney function. It provides...