What I have learnt so far
- CIPD urges coalition to invest in leadership. // e.learning age;Feb2011, p2
The article reports that the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) of Great Britain is suggesting and encouraging the British government to make more investment in key leadership and management skills to achieve economic success and manage possible slow pace of economic...
- New case studies tackle barriers to leadership. // People Management;Jul2014, p62
The article discusses two case studies from the British organization Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) reviewing leadership at the automobile oil manufacturing company Millers Oils and the multinational tobacco company British American Tobacco South Asia.
- Viewpoint... Row over CIPD chief's bonus. Howard, Simon // Personnel Today;10/13/2009, p9
In this article the author discusses aspects bonus distribution and reward system of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)of Great Britain. He is critical of the measures undertaken by the board of CIPD to change the structure of the organization. He states that the...
- EVENTS. // Resourcing;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 7, p6
A calendar of events related to human resource development in England is presented which includes Developing People, Organizations and HR Strategy seminar, Leadership and Talent Management seminar and Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Annual Conference and Exhibition.
- Learning to lead with a touch of creativity. // People Management;5/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses the highlights of the HRD 2008 conference that was held in London, England. The changing nature of leadership was one of the key themes at the conference, according to new Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Chief Executive Jackie Orme. According to...
- 'Bearish' patch for world leadership. // People Management;6/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p14
The article reports that research by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and leadership consultancy DDI indicated that the leadership market is more bearish than bullish. The study found that while 64 percent of British leaders cited talent development as their top priority,...
- Crisis creates opportunity as well as headache for HR. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;10/2/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p10
The article discusses the highlights of the 2008 annual conference and exhibition of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) held in Harrogate, England. In her opening keynote address, Annie McKee, author and co-founder of the Teleos Leadership Institute, highlighted the...
- Let's share the secrets of sustainable success. Baron, Angelo // People Management;9/24/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p35
The article offers information on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's Shaping the Future project. The project was launched in 2008 and aims to change the mindset of how organizations achieve sustainable success that is driven by people. Seven organizations agreed to work with...
- Annual event highlights value of networking. CROFTS, PAULINE // People Management;Dec2015, p56
The article offers information on the Annual Conference and Exhibition held by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Manchester, England which discusses leadership, human resource (HR) qualification, and the value of the regional and branch networks.