Migrant cap will fit in 2011
- UK tech startups face hiring roadblock due to immigration policy. // Computer Weekly;9/3/2013, p1
The article discusses a skills shortage at technology startup companies in Great Britain as of September 2013, focusing on challenges in hiring and sponsoring foreign workers or migrant workers. Topics include visa application processes in Great Britain, the experiences of some potential...
- Industry Sees Bsuh Plan On Immigration as a Plus. Ramey, Joanna; Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/8/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 4, p3
Delves into the proposed guest-worker program of U.S. President George W. Bush. Criticism of people that President Bush's plan is seen as a strategy to attract Hispanic voters and to help millions of undocumented workers; Description of the provisions of the program; Estimated number of...
- Firms want migrants. // People Management;Oct2015, p7
The article discusses an increase in Europe-bound migration and the request of Great Britain's business owners for the government to welcome migrants and make it easier for companies to offer them employment in order to solve Great Britain's acute skills shortage.
- Soup supplier next to be hit in Borders Agency crackdown. Zuke, Elinor // Grocer;10/16/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7977, p12
The article reports on the investigation by the British Borders Agency of soup supplier JoubÃ¨re for employing illegal workers following the arrest of eight men during a raid at its processing site in London, England.
- ï¿½Romï¿½nii din Italia ï¿½: Pastoralism si dinamica migra?iei ï¿½n mileniul al treilea. MANNIA, SEBASTIANO // Memoria Ethnologica;iul-dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 40/41, p64
This paper considers the phenomenon of migration, by proposing a case study upon the migration of Romanians in Italy. As a consequence of the access of Romania in the UE in January 2007, Romanians became citizens of UE, but, nevertheless, they are not aware of their rights and juridical statute...
- Insist on chapter and verse. Bradshaw, Michael; McMahon, Nicola // Employers Law;Nov2009, p20
The article highlights the issue of employing migrant worker, its restrictions and pitfalls and provides practical steps to ensure compliance with the requirements. It states that in the case of attorney general Baroness Scotland, failure to check immigrant worker status can lead to fines and...
- Mistreating The Guests. Waller, Douglas // Time;5/29/2006, Vol. 167 Issue 22, p16
The article looks at the mistreatment of guest workers in the United States. The Southern Poverty Law Center, an immigrants-rights advocate, argues that many guest workers in the U.S. are being exploited. President George W. Bush's guest-worker program, part of immigration reform, is criticized....
- On the Continued Need for H-1B Reform: A Partial, Statutory Suggestion to Protect Foreign and U.S. Workers. Goodsell, Todd H. // BYU Journal of Public Law;2007, p153
The article examines the flaws and controversy regarding the H-1B visa system, designed by the U.S. Congress to bring foreign workers into the country temporarily. It offers a proposed solution for the improvement of the system so that it would function as an immigration policy that facilitates...
- Indian computer pros see threat in US bills. Erlich, Reese // Christian Science Monitor;10/5/95, Vol. 87 Issue 218, p8
Reports about the draft proposal made by Senator Alan Simpson, Wyoming restricting the appointment of foreign employees by US companies. Reactions by Indian professionals; Cuts in legal immigration introduced by Rep. Lamar Smith; Promotion of free trade encouraged by Indians.