A positive move on equality?
- Agency Workers Regulations: Guidance. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 41 Issue 7, Special section p6
The article offers information on the guidance document "Agency Workers Regulations: Guidance," issued by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BiS) in Great Britain. The guidance is directed towards helping both employers of agency workers and the recruitment sector to understand...
- Gangmasters use loophole to exploit illegal EU workers. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Mar2011, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the use of illegal workers from Bulgaria and Romania by food and agricultural businesses in Great Britain in 2011. A recent seminar on working in the food sector of Great Britain was informed that criminal gangmaster are aiming illegal workers and use self-employment...
- Eye on Legal: Recruitment Law in 2015. // Recruiter;Apr2015, Special section p4
The article discusses recruitment laws for the year 2015. Topics discussed include the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 known as Conduct Regulations which prohibit exclusive advertisement of vacancies in European Economic Area (EEA) countries, new reporting...
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p4
The article discusses enacted and soon-to-be enacted labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010, including the statutory right to request for time off for study or training and replacement of the sick note with a fit note.
- CONSULTATION WATCH. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p5
This section presents news briefs related to public consultation on labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010 which includes the government's consultation on travel and subsistence scheme arrangements for temporary workers and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills' consultation...
- Final amendments made to Agency Workers Regulations. // Employers Law;Sep2011, p5
The article reports that the British government has published the amendments to the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 for implementation on October 1, 2011.
- New job law unveiled. // Recruiter;2/9/2011, p11
The article reports on the implementation of the new labor law in Great Britain, which is the Employer's Charter, to give employers more confidence to hire staff.
- Pointless piece of protection. MARTIN, STEFAN // Recruiter;Nov2012, p18
The article discusses the efficacy of the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) in Great Britain.
- legal calendar. // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p27
A calendar of events concerning British labor law for December 2013-October 2014 is presented, including effectivity of Police Act 1997 Regulations 2013, changes to Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 and regulation freeze for businesses with less than 50 workers.