HR model: dream or nightmare?
- Paths to the Top. // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p38
Reports on the findings of a survey on human resource executives in large companies in the United States. Increase in the number of executives without human resource background; Corporate departments from which human resource executives come from.
- Who's really number one? Manocha, Rima // People Management;10/14/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p14
Presents an invitation for "People Management" periodical readers to cast vote for the outstanding leader in history where the results will be announced at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's annual conference. Information on leaders who were voted by several human resource...
- HR makes small move up 'happiness league' table. Pitcher, Greg // Personnel Today;6/10/2008, p4
The article focuses on a poll by qualifications body City & Guilds on employee attitudes in various professions. It reports that soldiers, beauty therapists and even accountants were happier at work than human resource professionals. Almost six in 10 people stayed with their present employer...
- WEBSITE STRAWPOLL. // Employee Benefits;Jul2004, p12
Presents the results of the survey addressing the attitude of employers toward the provision of employee seasonal benefits in summer in Great Britain. Cost of the benefit; Importance of the benefit in enhancing employee motivation.
- NEWS BAROMETER. // Personnel Today;2/24/2004, p3
This article presents a question regarding the measurement of HR's return on investment. It also includes the name of the Web site where it can be replied. It also presents opinions about a question asked previously. It asks whether HR should have more say over pensions provisions.
- Employers quick to judge interviewees: study. // CMA Management;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p13
The article focuses on the survey about how long managers can form a decision of hiring an applicant in Canada. The said survey which was developed by Robert Half Finance & Accounting included responses from 100 senior executives. They were asked of how long they can consume in forming opinion...
- FÃ¼hren will gelernt sein. Nink, Marco // Die Bank;jun2012, Issue 6, p74
The article discusses the motivation and sense of satisfaction of the German workforce, according to the results of a Gallup Engagement Index poll. Although German workers expressed a high level of satisfaction with their jobs, with nine out of ten German workers pleased with their jobs, the...
- NEWS BAROMETER. // Personnel Today;3/15/2005, p3
The article presents poll results of last week's question. Majority of the people agreed to the question if they support the introduction of mandatory pay audits. This week's question is does working in HR makes people depressed.
- NEWS BAROMETER. // Personnel Today;4/15/2003, p3
This article presents a pie chart that represents public opinion on question of whether employers have cut their training budgets in response to economic downturn, published in April 15, 2003 issue of 'PersonnelToday.'