- WHO'S ON FIRST. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Dec2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p62
Answers a question on employers' market, a term that suggests exploitation of employees. Tips for job applicants.
- Detecting Employees Who Are Job Hunting. // USA Today Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2671, p5
Presents tips on detecting employees who are looking for a new employer. Warning signs that an employee may be looking for a new opportunity; Role of managers in the enhancement of job satisfaction.
- When HR Goes Job Hunting. Garvey, Charlotte // HR Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p58
Gives advice to human resource job seekers. Details on constructing a resume; Use of electronic communication on the job search process; How to prepare for behavioral-based questioning.
- Shad's Job Hunter's Checklist. Frackental, Shad // Library Journal;9/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 14, p162
Offers tips and advice when looking for jobs in libraries. Evaluation of job ads; Factors to consider when considering an invitation for a job interview.
- Don't ignore candidates. Waters, Phil // People Management;11/13/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p17
A letter to the editor is presented about job hunting and firms' failure to respond to such applications.
- Job Search Goes Mobile. Wright, Aliah D. // HR Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the decision of human resource (HR) professionals, recruiters and job seekers to make their recruitment sites and job boards easy to use on handheld mobile devices.
- Going Global Career & Employment Resource Guide for Norway - Interviewing Advice. // Norway Career Guide;2007, p106
Each Going Global country career guide contains country-specific information to help new graduates, entry, and professional-level jobseekers establish an international career or find a job at home and abroad. Guides include: online job sites, job fairs, staffing agencies, recruiters,...
- Job seekers' basic skills score low. // Corporate University Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the percentage of job applicants in the United States who lack the basic reading and math skills they need to do the jobs they are seeking. Findings of a survey of personnel executives conducted by the American Management Association; Comments from Eric Rolfe Greenberg; director of...
- Sunday Closing, HR Metrics, Job-Related Questions. Levine, Deb; Neal, Vicki; Petersen, Liz // HR Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p39
The article presents questions and answers related to employment in the U.S. One reader asks how human resources metrics relate to human resource strategy. Another reader asks if a job recruiter can ask questions not related to work. It also presents proper questions that employers should ask...