LINKS & NOTES
- Breaking out of the vicious circle? Gray, Chris; Gill, Rob // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/5/2010, Issue 2934, p14
The article offers information on the predictions of prolonged upswing in aviation industry following the improved performance shown by various companies such as British Airways PLC. in 2010. It states that prediction was made as companies improved performance shows strong supply of balance and...
- Botswana. // Political Risk Yearbook: Botswana Country Report;2008, p1
The article presents information on the economic and political conditions in Botswana. Efforts of the Botswanian government to sell the national airline has again run into trouble after reports that members of the Cabinet are opposing the airline's sale to SA Airlink and plans to negotiate with...
- MAURITIUS: RISK SUMMARY. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Aug2008, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
The article reports developments on politics, economy and business enterprises in Mauritius in 2008. Mauritius government partners with Tanzania, Madagascar and Mozambique to extend its cultivable land area and eventually expand its domestic food production and better food security. The textile...
- British Airways, United Airlines will expand cooperative services. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/13/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p69
Discusses plans by British Airways to expand its cooperative efforts with United Airlines this summer to increase international travel and improve its share of the North Atlantic market. New cooperative services will be announced by late April; Market; Growth goals; Cooperative pact and problems.
- British Airways seeks larger share of first-class market. Shifrin, C.A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/8/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p106
Discusses British Airways' recent $40 million investment to research and produce new first-class amenities, which the carrier hopes will help attract first-class passengers from other airlines. Goals; Upgrades.
- British Airways starts transatlantic service with new Boeing 747-400s. Shifrin, C.A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/14/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p62
Reports that British Airways has begun transatlantic service with two new Boeing 747-400 aircraft, the first of 19 ordered. The carrier also ordered new Boeing 767 and 737 aircraft and may order the proposed 767-X.
- BA in SMS drive to promote Rugby World Cup. // Precision Marketing;3/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the efforts of British Airways to boost its online consumer database. Plan to increase consumer awareness of Rugby World Cup 2003.
- In the lap of luxury. // Popular Mechanics;Apr96, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p20
Reports that British Airways PLC is introducing individual compartments for first-class passengers. Functions of the compartment.
- Delivery of aircraft delays London flight. // San Diego Business Journal;2/19/96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the delay of service from San Diego, California to London by British Airways which was scheduled to begin in April of 1996. When the service is set to start; Why rescheduling was required.