- PAYING AGENCY WORKERS A BONUS. // Accountancy;Oct2011, Vol. 148 Issue 1418, p68
The article reports on the implementation of the Agency Workers' Regulations (AWR) in Great Britain on October 1, 2011. It says that this legislation will promote a challenge for human resource (HR) and finance departments regarding bonus payments. According to the author, the law allows agency...
- FSA bonus code puts spotlight back on banks. // Lawyer;7/6/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p6
In this article, the author discusses the impact of Financial Services Authority's (FSA) bonus code on banks in 2009 in Great Britain. The author asserts that FSA's proposals, which cover bonus decisions, new hire arrangements and exit packages, will result to problems between human resources...
- Guaranteed minimum bonus pool was legally binding and considered a variation to contract. Malamatenios, David; Makin, Colin; Santra, Krishna; Martins, Sandra; Powys-Rodrigues, Melissa // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2013, p7
The article discusses a court case that focuses on rules related to guaranteed minimum bonus pool in Great Britain in 2013. In the case Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd and Commerzbank AG v Attrill and others, an employment tribunal ruled the pool to be legally binding. The case was initiated by 104...
- Shared Parental Leave: Steps for UK Employers. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2014 Q3, p1
The article reports the preparations by British employers for the implementation of the Shared Parental Leave Regulations 2014 on December 1, 2014. The law will allow qualified employees to avail of the shared parental leave (SPL) and statutory shared parental pay (ShPP), while abolishing the...
- Case of the week Employment. // Lawyer;5/28/2012, p16
The article discusses the England & Wales High Court Queen's Bench consolidated employment law case Attrill & Ors. and Anar & Ors. v. Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd. & Commerzbank which deals with an employer's alleged oral promise to pay guaranteed performance-based bonuses to employees. The court...
- MONEY BOX. // Professional Manager;Jul2010, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p43
The article reports that according to the 2010 National Management Salary survey, bonus payments have dropped from 60.9% in 2009 to 40.4% in 2010 in Great Britain.
- California is cracking down on MTA safety bonuses. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;10/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on a state law which is aimed at cracking down construction safety bonuses paid out by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. How the state law will force the agency to provide a broader picture of worker injuries; Effective date of law; Details on how some...
- What a bonus. // Supply Management;2/18/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p54
The article focuses on the bonus scheme which a law firm in London, England missed a mile without anyone earning something from them for setting targets in more prosperous times
- Puerto Rico to Pay Christmas Bonuses. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;11/24/2015, p28
The article reports that the Puerto Rico government will pay Christmas bonuses in 2015.