Foundation degree for Guide Dogs staff
- guide dog. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p992
A definition of the term "guide dog," which refers to a dog trained to assist blind or partially sighted persons with mobility, is presented.
- The Case for Providing Orientation and Mobility Instruction While Using a Dog Guide. Breslauer, Bruce E. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Jan2010, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p5
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of teaching orientation and mobility instruction while travelling with his guide dog.
- Letting the train take the strain to Crufts. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;3/15/2008, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p329
The article reports on the launch of the Year of the Assistance Dog in Great Britain. The celebration was marked at the 2008 Crufts when a group of assistance dogs and their owners arrived at Birmingham International station by train for the four-day event. Canine Partners, Dogs for the...
- Everyday Leaders. McDaniel, Melissa // Guide Dogs (1-59716-013-X);2005, p6
The article provides information on guide dogs which are taught to work with blind people. They to direct their human partners to work or school, down busy streets and crowded sidewalks. The dogs are allowed to ride airplanes, buses and subways. The dogs are permitted in any public place under a...
- Bureaucractic bow-wow over Beijing guide dog. // Asian Pacific Post;2/28/2008, p21
This article reports on the bureaucratic challenge facing Ping Yali, a Paralympic gold medalist in China, in her efforts to allow her to use her golden retriever dog as her guide. It explains seeing-eye dog as big as Ping's Lucky, the retriever dog, is banned in public places in China. But a...
- Targeting the Fraudulent Use of Service Dog Designations. // Dog Watch;Jan2015, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the awareness campaign launched by Guide Dog Users Inc. on the wrongful use of dogs as service animals.
- Seeing Eye Dogs Australia. BERRY, EMI // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2014, Issue 168, p32
The article offers information about Seeing Eye Dogs Australia, a division of Christian relief, development and advocacy organization Vision Australia and the only national breeder, trainer and supplier of seeing eyedogs.
- TRAINED DOGS TRANSFORMING LIVES. Neal, Andrea // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 277 Issue 5, p64
Focuses on a service program in U.S. prisons that conducts an obedience class for dogs that are used as aid for people with disabilities. Efforts of the inmates at the Indiana Women's Prison to raise dogs; Impact of the dogs on the prison; Daily routines of the dogs. INSET: Pet ownership is...
- PUPS WITH promise. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);5/2/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 18, p89
Provides information on a fund raising campaign of the Pups With Promise Club for the sourcing, raising and training of guide dog puppies in New South Wales. Date when the International Guide Dog Day is celebrated; Cost of raising and training guide dogs; Membership fee of the club.