BA HR boss announces plans to step down
- Royal Mail loses another HR director as Kevin Green Walks. // Personnel Today;2/5/2008, p3
The article reports that Royal Mail Group PLC has lost its second high-profile human resource (HR) director in a matter of weeks with Kevin Green's surprise departure from the organization. Green's exit follows group HR director Tony McCarthy's move to British Airways (BA) in November 2007. It...
- Who will deliver at Royal Mail? Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;11/27/2007, p6
The article announces that Tony McCarthy is to leave his position as Royal Mail's group director of people and organizational development.
- CIPD reveals its three new vice-presidents. Crabb, Steve // People Management;12/13/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p10
The article announces that Siobhan Cummins, Tim Miller and Tony McCarthy have been appointed vice-presidents of the governing council of the British Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Royal Mail tackles productivity. Scott, Anna // People Management;8/9/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p9
The article reports on a research project launched by Royal Mail Group PLC aimed at boosting productivity and strengthening its modernization program in Great Britain in 2007. Royal Mail will explore how to improve working practices and other parts of the business to maximize productivity. The...
- 'We need to listen to people more than we do.'. Smedley, Tim // People Management;9/4/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p20
An interview with British Airways director Tony McCarthy is presented. McCarthy admits there is a huge crisis in the industry but what they need to look at is how they can do things better than they are doing at the moment. He says he has 10 direct reports, with business partners covering eight...
- EXECUTIVE APPOINTMENTS. // Money Management;11/12/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p27
The article announces several appointments including Anthony Fasso as managing director at AMP Capital Investment, Geoff McWilliam as independent chairman at Trinity Funds Management, and Tony McCarthy as director at Elston Partners.
- TECH TIPS. McCarthy, Tony; Bacarella, Joseph; Fenster, Derek // Motor Age;Jul2011, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p38
The article presents winning automotive tips for "Motor Age" magazine's July 2011 Tech Tip contest. Winner Tony McCarthy of Edgewater, Florida shared the use of magnetic parts trays to hold lug nuts and other small metal parts while working on car wheels. Another tip is facilitating the removal...
- People power Royal Mails profits success. // People Management;6/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the success of Tony McCarthy, group people and organisational development director of Royal Mail, in transforming the company's deficit to profits. Amount of bonus received by company employees.
- BACK IN BLACK. Robert, Zoë // People Management;6/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the implementation of a massive three-year organisational change at British Royal Mail by group people and organisational development director Tony McCarthy and his team. Financial performance reported by the organisation for 2004 to 2005; Problems encountered by the organisation in...