Bust Those Myths, Unless They're the Truth
- What APT is (AND WHAT IT ISN'T). BEJTLICH, RICHARD // Information Security;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on advanced persistent threat (APT), and presents ways to counter the threat. APT is characterized as persistence in maintenance of control and access of a target's computer infrastructure. A trained information security analyst is the most effective counter-APT weapon....
- Digital Security: An Opportunity. Dunkel, Dan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2010, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p46
The article focuses on the evolution of security systems through technology adoption, new security policies to address new threats, and financial justification. According to the author, people must realize that cyber security protections play a major role in securing both the corporate brand and...
- Human Security: New Threats, New Responsibilities. Werthes, Sascha; Härtig, Sven // Military Technology;2007, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p147
The article discusses the concept of human security, an innovative way of addressing and conceiving a multitude of security threats from a new and provocative perspective. It mentioned the two notions of human security which include the narrow conception focusing on the protection against...
- CYBER -- TERRORISM, AN INSTABILITY GLOBAL SOURCE. Cioacā, Cātālin // Review of the Air Force Academy;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p105
This paper will address what the risks and possibilities are of combining terrorism and computers. Within this context, it became more and more obvious the necessity that each and every state should use all resources offered by the common security systems, in order to be able to deal with...
- INCIDENT REPORTS. // Wentzville Journal;6/15/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 48, pA4
A list of incident reports in the communities of St. Charles, St. Peters, and O'Fallon in Missouri is presented which includes shoplifting, stealing, and robbery.
- Grey Goose Chase. SerVaas, Joan // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 287 Issue 5, p25
The article discusses a robbery case in Colorado Springs, Colorado in October 2010, involving a liquor store owner, Chang Ho Yi, who used deadly force against a shoplifter, Bryson Adrian Dewberry.
- BREAKING NEWS: Spaights plaza cleared for bomb scare. Raether, Kurt // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);10/18/2010, p5
No abstract available.
- RISKS, VULNERABILITIES AND POSSIBLE THREATS OF THE EUROPEAN SECURITY ENVIRONMENT. Moşoiu, Ovidiu // Review of the Air Force Academy;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p99
Security is perceived as a dynamic process with a variable geometry, which imposes a permanently reference to the new types of threats from the external environment: terrorism, proliferation of mass destruction weapons, illegal migration, ethnic and religious conflicts and beyond. The risks,...
- Software Theft Effort Fails. // Software Practitioner;May/Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the increase in software theft cases in Australia and the software theft in GroovyChannel. According to the article, software company GroovyChannel had its safe broken open by thieves. However, the company reported that their real software was secured at a San Francisco...