- Never mind quality, get in technology. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p5
Focuses on an article about biometric security systems featured in the June 13, 2003 issue of 'The Engineer' magazine. Iris voice or fingerprint scanning to confirm a person's identity; Possible application of the technology in voting.
- Security habits. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p16
Reports on the development of a security system that combines physical identification with predictions of a person's behavior aimed at improving the reliability of biometric analysis in Great Britain. Use of biometrics as a means of increasing security at airports and decrease criminal...
- A Practical Guide to Biometric Security Technology. Liu, Simon; Silverman, Mark // IT Professional;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p27
Presents a practical guide to biometric security technology. Types of authentication used in the security field; Diagram describing the process involved in using a biometric system for security.
- Professional Development. // Special Education Technology Practice;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p31
The article provides an answer to a question about biometric security.
- Secure Welcome. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p21
Presents several security measures for visitor management strategy. Stand-alone and networkable visitor badging systems; Reusable plastic badges; Use of video and biometrics.
- Biometrics may soon become an integral part of building security. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;2/14/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on biometrics as a possible solution to security concerns. Integration of biometrics into building security systems; Measurement of biological traits to identify individuals; Popularity of the fingerprinting biometric technique; Face recognition's measurement of features that are not...
- The Biometric Body. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Odyssey;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p9
The article presents information on the use of computerized biometric systems to recognize individuals based on the physical body and behavior.
- Biometrics from Head to Toe. Doe, Jane // Odyssey;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p10
The article presents information on several biometric systems that recognize the features of the body including the face, hand geometry systems, fingerprint identification and Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA).
- Biometric Fills Security Niches. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2003, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the use of biometrics devices for improvement of cash-handling security systems in the U.S. Features of the 2D Superscript barcode from Datastrip; Accounts on the upgrade of cash-handling equipment in healthcare facilities; Importance of biometrics for identity verification of...