The Role of the Private Sector in Fusion Centers
- Private sector, feds team up. Fisher, Dennis // eWeek;3/7/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p24
The article informs that after boom in phishing, law enforcement agencies have relied on the private sector for a great deal of help in tracking down phishing sites and taking them offline. The Internet boom had spawned special task forces staffed with investigators trained in electronic crimes,...
- Chapter 4: Recovering from Economic Bust. Rotberg, Robert I.; Kubuitsile, Lauri // Uganda;2005, pN.PAG
This chapter presents an overview of the business sector of Uganda. In the years of Uganda's newly won independence, the country had one of the most productive economies in East Africa. However, mismanagement during Colonel Idi Amin's reign nearly destroyed the Ugandan system, and the years...
- Private sector pay awards stand at just 1%. // Personnel Today;8/25/2009, p13
No abstract available.
- Domestic Perspectives. // Survey of Current Business;Aug2004, Vol. 84 Issue 8, pD-4
Presents charts on the business sector of the U.S. from 2002 to 2004. Inventories and sales in manufacturing and trade; Industrial production indexes and capacity utilization rate; Statistics on credit market borrowing.
- Private sector steps in to address nano concerns. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Oct2008, Issue 405, p26
The article discusses two schemes that the private sector in UK has developed in order to address nano concerns. These are AssuredNano and Cenarios, designed to help firms identify and minimize sources of risks for workers handling nanotechnology and to carry out risk assessments as required by...
- Learning About Our Economic Backbone. Edlin, Bob // New Zealand Management;Apr2008, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p25
The author comments on the economic sectors and business demographic statistics in New Zealand. He says that agriculture is considered as the economic backbone of the country, but only in 2008 it has been included in the business demographic statistics of the publication "Statistics New...
- Mammoth empowerment deals. // Finance Week;5/31/2004, p31
Reports on the empowerment deals in the business sector in South Africa in 2003. Value of the deals; Forecast on empowerment trend; Views of Derrick Msibi, a head at OMAM, on the trend.
- The case for a national investment bank. Holtham, Gerald // Soundings (13626620);Summer2012, Issue 51, p74
This article discusses the implications of public sector investments on the growth of private sector in Great Britain from 2010 to 2011. In order to reduce deficit, the government is decreasing budgeted expenditure. It is cited that public-sector investments can provide essential infrastructure...
- WHY THE MIDDLE EAST NEEDS THE PRIVATE SECTOR. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/9/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 14, p17
In this article, the author emphasizes the importance of the private sector to the Middle East economy. The author says that the region is diversifying its economic sector because specializing in a single economic sector that depends on natural resources is risky. He stresses the claim of Arab...