Ready to Tailgate?
- Mission Essential Vulnerability Assessments - Try Them, You Just Might Like Them. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2008, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p52
The article features a new concept tool called Mission Essential Vulnerability Assessments (MEVA) in the U.S. The MEVA concept allows a security expert to justify expenses in a clear and concise manner. Moreover, MEVA assessment allows accountants, executives and other non-security management...
- Electronic Access Control Systems: The Foundation of Your PSIM. Jensen, Joel // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2009, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p54
The article focuses on the use of electronic access control systems for physical security information management (PSIM). It highlights the consideration of the access control system in looking for the readiness in PSIM. It also indicates the things to be considered for the PSIM that include the...
- PRODUCT PREVIEWS. // InfoWorld;7/4/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p8
Evaluates several security management products. X1 Enterprise Edition from X1 Technologies; Telephone Password Reset Suite from Avatier; Geographic Intelligence System from MetaCarta; ContactNet 4.0 from Contact Networks.
- A distributable security management architecture for enterprise systems spanning multiple security domains. Priggouris, Ioannis; Hadjiefthymiades, Stathes // Electronic Commerce Research;Jul2006, Vol. 6 Issue 3/4, p355
Administering security in modern enterprise systems may prove an extremely complex task. Their large scale and dynamic nature are the main factors that contribute to this fact. A robust and flexible model is needed in order to guarantee both the easy management of security information and the...
- Off to the Right STARTSS for Entryway Security Decisions. Schreiber, Greg; Meyer, Claire // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2014, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p100
The article discusses a decision methodology, called STARTSS, that aid in deciding the best entryway security product for an enterprise. It outlines the factors considered in the STARTSS process which are divided into two parts, the before installation phase and after installation. Security...
- Healthcare's Welcome Mat is a Slippery Slope. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2015, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p55
The article offers information on healthcare security and life safety. Topics discussed include access control that allow authorized personnel or associates to enter the area, mitigation of workplace violence risk which includes training on de-escalation techniques, violence avoidance, and...
- Five Minute Tech Quiz. Pollack, Roy // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p117
A quiz concerning access control devices and security systems technology is presented.
- Access to Europe. // International Fire & Security Product News;Jun2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the growth of the European access control market. Value of the market; Effects of the European Working Time Directive on the demand for time and attendance-based systems; Factors behind the growth of the market.
- The Bs: Barriers, Booths, Badges. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
Provides tips on how to protect facilities from unauthorized vehicles and visitors in the U.S. Emergence of blast-resistant guard booths; Relevance of visitor identification systems and more versatile guard tour systems; Design of the Sky Watch mobile tower.