'Mega' Hit? More than More Pixels
- COLOR CCD CAMERA. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2001 Market Place, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p10
Introduces the VCC-6574 Digital DSP camera of the Sanyo Security Products Division. Capability of the product; Features of the camera; Compensation of the back-light camera.
- ALARMS & MONITORING: THE NEED TO GO BEYOND INTERFACING. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p44
Provides information about systems integration in fire warning and monitoring systems. Concept of an integrated system; Approaches to integration; Considerations in deploying integrated system in network-based security system. INSET: Network Fire Alarm Required Customized Equipment.
- Behind every alarm and camera. Arroyo, Arnaldo // Equities;Nov97, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p14
Features the Integrated Security Systems, developer of market integration systems and other security products. Major product of the company; Revenue data for 1997; Stock gains of the company in September 1997.
- Toothache. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2000, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p9
Focuses on the potential of Bluetooth technology for security systems dealers. Benefits of placing Bluetooth chips in various devices; Target cost for a chip; Ability to activate or de-activate security alarms; Barriers to wide acceptance of Bluetooth devices.
- Watch and Learn. Shaver, John Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jun2007, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on the video surveillance industry and latest technologies used in the field. It is mentioned that due to the increasing competition in the industry, surveillance equipment are now available at affordable prices with various technological improvements. Several...
- Too Little Profit from So Much Demand. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p13
The author reflects on the issue concerning the demand of video surveillance in the U.S. She asserts that the pressure on prices affects the profitability of security dealers and systems integrators. She suggests that the security professionals should continue to educate their staffs especially...
- Let the Security Industry Shakeout Begin. Dunkel, Dan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p34
The article focuses on the trends affecting the security industry in the U.S. It notes that for most integrators most of the trends demand the changing of traditional business tactics. It is said that the stock market was deeply mashed bringing in fiber infrastructure worldwide which in turn...
- TRANSTECH SYSTEMS INC. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p79
The article features the TransCam DC Digital ID Camera Solution, an affordable digital camera solution specially designed for identification (ID) badging applications from TransTech Systems Inc. The TransCam has a superior image quality and a live capture software interface that allows a faster...
- SECURING THE SCHOOLYARD. Mone, Gregory // Popular Science;Feb2007, Vol. 270 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on smart cameras and their application in the security industry. The article discusses advancements that have been made in smart camera technology. Vaidi Nathan, CEO of IntelliVision, describes the reliability and versatility of high resolution cameras and the algorithms that...