The Next Generation Security Leader
- Making Decisions on Purpose. Little, Lynn // Administrator;Dec2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the plan of the Inventure Group to help leaders discover the art of making decisions on purpose in the U.S. Development of a simple formula for achieving success in making career decisions; Quality of a leader; Definition of good life.
- A Discussion of Ethical Leadership. Kooskora, Mari // EBS Review;Winter2004/Spring2005, Issue 19, p42
Ethics is part of every field of human activity and gaining increasingly more importance in all societies. Ethics starts with a person--a real, living, breathing human being who makes moral and ethical choices everyday for better or for worse. The key to building a sound, ethical community is to...
- Good leaders transform workplace atmosphere. Kreuzer, Rhoda // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/16/2016, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p12
The author reflects on transformational leadership and highlight qualities of transformational leaders including asking how their values can inform their decision making process, developing trust internally and externally, and creating boundaries that support and protect their organization culture.
- Maritime and Port Security. Philpott, Don // Homeland Defense Journal;May2007, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p30
The article examines the problems and developments regarding the maritime and port security of the U.S. According to a number of security experts, critical risk and vulnerability assessments have not been carried out in making port security decisions and purchases. Key information about the...
- HBR's 10 Must Reads on Making Smart Decisions. Business Review, Harvard // HBR's 10 Must Reads on Making Smart Decisions;6/28/2014, p1
Decision making is a leaderâ€™s most important responsibility. Good decisions can lead an organization to excellence. Bad decisions can lead to failure. And all too often, even the best and most well-intentioned leaders make bad decisions that are life changing for both their organizations...
- Making the Right Choices. Sevier, Robert A. // University Business;Nov2005, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p31
Discusses the strategies for building a highly effective senior team. Reasons behind the rarity of effective teams; Importance of decision making to effective team building; Qualities of a good leader.
- Engaging Decisions. Roberto, Michael // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Dec2005, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p15
The article discusses the quality of decision making process and its significance in to achieving positive outcomes. Decision making has different aspects. There are two ways in which management leaders can enhance the quality of their decisions. Leaders must strive for a balance when making...
- Strengths or Weaknesses? Zenger, Jack // Leadership Excellence Essentials;May2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p14
The author talks about the decision of whether to correct faults and failings or build on strengths. An analysis of 6,000 leaders on the dimension of possessing strengths or weaknesses, it was observed that they are arrayed into three, equal categories or groups and differ in how they are...
- Money Makers. Prince, E. Ted // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Apr2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the importance of business acumen in leadership development and developing leaders with the capability of creating capital. The concept of behavioral finance is explained, which shows the impact of cognitive biases on decision-making. The author describes the development of...