The Next Generation Security Leader
- Making Decisions on Purpose. Little, Lynn // Administrator;Dec2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the plan of the Inventure Group to help leaders discover the art of making decisions on purpose in the U.S. Development of a simple formula for achieving success in making career decisions; Quality of a leader; Definition of good life.
- A Discussion of Ethical Leadership. Kooskora, Mari // EBS Review;Winter2004/Spring2005, Issue 19, p42
Ethics is part of every field of human activity and gaining increasingly more importance in all societies. Ethics starts with a person--a real, living, breathing human being who makes moral and ethical choices everyday for better or for worse. The key to building a sound, ethical community is to...
- Good leaders transform workplace atmosphere. Kreuzer, Rhoda // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/16/2016, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p12
The author reflects on transformational leadership and highlight qualities of transformational leaders including asking how their values can inform their decision making process, developing trust internally and externally, and creating boundaries that support and protect their organization culture.
- Maritime and Port Security. Philpott, Don // Homeland Defense Journal;May2007, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p30
The article examines the problems and developments regarding the maritime and port security of the U.S. According to a number of security experts, critical risk and vulnerability assessments have not been carried out in making port security decisions and purchases. Key information about the...
- Making the Right Choices. Sevier, Robert A. // University Business;Nov2005, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p31
Discusses the strategies for building a highly effective senior team. Reasons behind the rarity of effective teams; Importance of decision making to effective team building; Qualities of a good leader.
- HBR's 10 Must Reads on Making Smart Decisions. Business Review, Harvard // HBR's 10 Must Reads on Making Smart Decisions;6/28/2014, p1
Decision making is a leaderâ€™s most important responsibility. Good decisions can lead an organization to excellence. Bad decisions can lead to failure. And all too often, even the best and most well-intentioned leaders make bad decisions that are life changing for both their organizations...
- Importance of Being Tolerant of Ambiguity in Business. // Importance of Being Tolerant of Ambiguity in Business;Feb2012, p1
Video Length: Two minutes and 34 seconds. Tolerating ambiguity is very important in business because there is not always a clear-cut right and wrong answer. Leaders must be flexible in their decision making methods, and they must keep an open mind during debates and discussions.
- Leader as Conductor. Nierenberg, Roger // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Oct2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article describes the characteristics of an orchestra conductor that can be applied by a good leader. The author says the conductor makes the decisions which aim the group towards its goals and give meaning to the countless actions required to attain them. It suggests that a leader, just...
- BRAIN-WISE LEADERSHIP. Murphy, Carole; Ozturgut, Osman; French, Joa // Journal of International Education & Leadership;Summer2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p1
The purpose of this article is to help leaders do their jobs more effectively by examining the components of brain-wise leadership. The article is divided into five parts: Part I is a general overview, defining brain-wise leadership, its traits, attributes and some of the styles of effective...