Making a case for a patient-centered integrated pharmacy practice model
- Critical requirements for health-system pharmacy practice models that achieve optimal use of medicines. Shane, Rita // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p1101
Information about using the health-system pharmacy practice models to achieve optimal use of medicines is presented. The article focuses on how proper use of medicines, leadership and practice management, proper equipments, facilities provided will help improve health care system. The Essential...
- Health-system pharmacy's imperative for practice model change. Manasse Jr, Henri R. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p1098
The article offers a summary of a speech delivered by Henri R. Manasse, Jr. at the Pharmacy Practice Model Summit held November 2010 in Dallas, Texas. He discussed the four drivers in the moral, social and ethical imperatives to a change in pharmacy practice model, and highlighted the economic...
- Alternative pharmacy practice model. Weant, Kyle A.; Winstead, P. Shane; Armitstead, John A.; Woods, T. Mark; Lucas, Amber J.; Robke, Jill T. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p1395
A letter is presented in response to the article "Making a case for a patient-centered integrated pharmacy practice model" by T. M. Woods and colleagues in the February 2011 issue; a response by T. Mark Woods, Amber J. Lucas and Jill T. Robke to this letter is also included.
- Access to pharmacy medication review services. Byrnes, Dean // Journal of Pharmacy Practice & Research;Sep2013, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p248
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Access to pharmacy medication review services" published in a 2013 issue.
- Leading healers to exceed. Clark, Toby // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/1/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p625
The author presents his views on health-system pharmacy leaders. He mentions that a pharmacy leader tries to bring about improvements in the quality of pharmacy and medication-related services and constantly strive to be better and bring out the best in their employees and residents to better...
- Cutting-edge practice model: A mixed integrated and clinical specialist model in a large health system. Berensen, Nannette M. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p1114
The article offers a summary of a speech delivered by Nannette M. Berensen at the Pharmacy Practice Model Summit held November 2010 in Dallas, Texas. He described the process used to transform the pharmacy service culture at the Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah, and mentioned that...
- Social media in health care: The case for organizational policy and employee education. Cain, Jeff // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p1036
No abstract available.
- Investing in our human resources. Gouveia, William A.; Shane, Rita // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p1077
In the article the authors discuss the importance of investing in the management of human resources in the health care system. To advance pharmacy practice, the article proposes to develop, support and foster some of the knowledge, skills, personal qualities and behaviors to stimulate pharmacy...
- ASHP Guidelines for Providing Pediatric Pharmaceutical Services in Organized Health Care Systems. // Best Practices for Hospital & Health-System Pharmacy;2014/2015, p360
The article offers information on the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) guidelines for the provision of pediatric pharmaceutical services in organized health care systems. The guidelines aim to assist pharmacists to meet the special needs of the pediatric patient in any...