- SS7 & Wireless: Walking Into the Sunset? Crowe, David // Wireless Review;04/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the use of signaling system 7 (SS7) in the wireless communication industry in the United States. Discussion on the limitations of the SS7; Capabilities of SS7 with unique wireless applications; Solutions to remedy the limitations.
- SS7IP The Great Leap Forward. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;05/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the migration of wireless carriers to IP technology. Comparison of the signaling system seven (SS7) and IP; Features of the IP network; Advantages and disadvantages of IP; Integration of SS7 and IP; Difficulties of migrating to IP.
- To the Rescue. Jackson, Nancy // America's Network;Feb99, Vol. 103 Issue 2, WIRELESS RELIABILITY pS-24
Discusses the use of Signaling System 7 (SS7) protocol in wireless communications. How links between SS7 nodes are deployed; Use of SS7 in Interim Standard 41 messages; How SS7 eliminates wireless fraud.
- Have Phone, Will Travel? Crowe, David // Wireless Review;04/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p51
Deals with international roaming solutions for wireless communication systems. Status of demand for international roaming solutions; Impact of the SS7 protocol on international roaming solutions; Mobile identification problem of international roaming solutions.
- An Appetite for More. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p72
Stresses the need for standardization in the wireless communication industry in the United States. Impact of the industry's familiarity with government mandates; Existing standards for determining the location of wireless phones; Forecast on SS7 signaling requirements.
- Interconnection's untested waters. Jackson, Vic // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p30
Discusses complex issues arising from the interconnection between telecommunications carriers in the United States. U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) issuance of the Local Competition Order after enactment of the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Responsibility for Signaling System 7...
- Oh, what a tangled Web we test. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;10/16/95, Vol. 229 Issue 16, p32
Discusses the development of testing technology for interconnecting wireless and wireline networks. Signaling system 7 (SS7) as the interconnection interface of choice for connecting wireless and wireline networks; Background on the creation of Wireless Interconnection Forum (WIF), a national...
- Is the cart before the horse? Smith, Lee // Telephony;1/8/96, Vol. 230 Issue 2, p52
Comments on the growth of signaling system 7 (SS7) infrastructure in telecommunication. Features of SS7; Problems with SS7 interconnectivity; Prospects for development of SS7 networks.
- SS7 signals significance. Saadeh, Jeffrey // Telephony;03/16/98, Vol. 234 Issue 11, p40
Focuses on the need for signaling system 7 (SS7) networks for new applications. Tips on how to manage SS7 networks; Problems that usually occur in SS7 networks; Management layers. INSETS: BellSouth re-engineer its ss7 architecture.;The layered look..