As Deal Closes, NBCU's 4Q Profit Jumps
- IMMELT DOWNPLAYS NBCU'S ACQUISITION PLANS. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p60
Reports on the comments made by General Electric Chairman Jeffrey Immelt regarding the possible acquisition of NBC Universal on January 21, 2005. Factor that gave rise to the speculations of an acquisition; Expected profits that will be generated by NBC Universal in 2005; Variables that will...
- ProSieben profit jumps. Meza, E. D. // Daily Variety;5/17/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 33, p10
The article reports that ProSiebenSat 1 TV group announced on Friday that its net profit rose 14% in the first quarter despite a slight drop in revenue. It's more positive news for the company's owner Haim Saban, who is reportedly entertaining offers for the group from publishing giant Axel...
- How Oxygen Media Pumped Up Results. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;11/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p3
The article reports on the growth of Oxygen Media, a year after it was acquired by NBC Universal. Oxygen Media has rebranded, cut costs, added distribution and viewers and pumped up its profits. NBC Universal paid $925 million for the company in November 2007, and Jeff Gaspin, president and...
- NBC Universal Merger May Shift Distribution Paradigm. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p13
The article reports that the distribution of movies through video-on-demand and electronic sellthrough may change following the planned merger between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal. According to Comcast chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts and chief operating officer (COO) Steve Burke...
- Unusual Allies Back NBCU Combo. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the merger of two biggest cable network companies of U.S. including Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Bridging the digital divide. STAMATIS, BILL // American Teacher;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that in October 2011, Comcast's acquisition of NBC Universal came with the stipulation that it joins the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide affordable Internet access to low income families and children in the U.S., a program called Internet Essentials.
- An Opportunity for Diversity. LIggins, Alfred // Multichannel News;1/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p23
In this article the author discusses the benefits of the proposed merger between media companies Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. for independent and minority-owned television programmers and filmmakers in the U.S., particularly in the promotion of independent and diverse programming.
- Interactivation Renamed 'Wellness Network' // Multichannel News;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p26
The article reports that Interactivation Health Networks, the parent company of the Patient Channel and the Newborn Channel, has officially changed its name to the Wellness Network after the acquisition of its channels by NBC Universal in the U.S.
- Comcast Deal Boosts Media. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 28, p28
The article reports on the implications of the proposed merger of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.