Allen Steps Back From Charter Control
- Allen adds to cable wired vision. // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on Paul G. Allen's acquisition of Charter Communications cable operator.
- With charter, Allen has $7 billion in cable. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Presents information on Paul Allen's planned $4.5-billion purchase of a controlling interest in Charter Communications company. Perception that the purchase value of the company being more that $3,500 per subscriber; Reference to Allen's payment for a percent of Marcus Cable in early 1998;...
- Allen's big stretch. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p42
Reports that Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen has invested about $4.6 billion to finance the $10.6 billion wave of cable acquisitions for his Charter Communications Inc. Estimated fortune of Allen; Value of junk bonds Charter is attempting to sell to refinance existing debt; Allen's other...
- Charter Says Chapter 11 Rumors Are False. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p10
Reports on the statement given by an official from Charter Communications Inc. in response to rumors that the company may file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Concerns of investors regarding the company; Speculation on the move of Charter's founder and controlling shareholder Paul Allen...
- Charter Surges on Allen Buyout Hopes. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p25
Reports the move of Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen to privatize Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Amount of the company stocks; Control percentage of Allen on the company's vote; Investment of Allen on the company stock.
- Charter offering down to the wire. Higgins // Broadcasting & Cable;11/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 46, p42
Focuses on the initial public offering plans of Charter Communications Inc. Goal of convincing investors that Paul Allen can run companies; Volume of the stock sale; Share price; Plans for the proceeds.
- Allen has a Charter plan. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 33, p11
Reports the plans of multimillionaire Paul Allen to acquire the declining stocks of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Implications of the stock drop for company chairman Allen; Interest of Allen on the convertible bonds of Charter; Impact of the move on the business operations of the company.
- Allen Might Buy Out Charter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p2
Focuses on the plan of Charter Communications Inc. chairman Paul Allen to buy publicly the traded debt of the company in the U.S. Ownership of Allen on Charter Communications; Statement of chief executive officer Carl Vogel on the intentions of Allen; Proposal of a going private transaction.
- Billionaire's two-way cable dream. Bournellis, Cynthia // Electronic News;08/03/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2230, p1
Reports on business executive Paul Allen's bid to acquire Charter Communications Inc. Speculations on the importance of the move to Allen's efforts to create interactive media services in the United States; Allen's investment strategy in the cable industry; Plans to merge Allen's Marcus Cable...