Gerhard Zeiler: Passionate About Programming
- Abbe Raven. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;9/10/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 5, p20
The article presents a profile of Abbe Raven, Chief Executive Officer of the cable television firm Arts & Entertainment Network (A + E Networks). Raven's involvement in programming at the company's cable television networks is discussed, particularly her ability to maintain excellent business...
- Dell backs new RTL service. // Campaign;6/13/2008, Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the plan of RTL Group PLC to increase its programming budget in the run-up to the launch of its video-on-demand service Demand Five in Great Britain. It states that part of the deal is the signing of Dell as an exclusive sponsor. Moreover, MediaCom Corp. has signed the...
- Sly, foxy TV is not what I want. Young, John // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);7/21/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 16, p3A
The article offers the author's insights on the choice of people in their preferred television channels.
- When TV Everywhere ... Isn't. // Multichannel News;4/30/2012, Issue 18, p31
In this article, the author comments on the term television ( TV) Everywhere which defines the accessibility of on-demand television programs from programmers or television program providers.
- Brazil gets TV channel dedicated to the arts. P. P. // Art Newspaper;May2013, Vol. 22 Issue 246, Special section p6
The article announces that in 2013 Brazil will be getting a television channel dedicated exclusively to arts and cultural programming, titled Arte 1.
- Zucker's fixation on future led him to lose perspective on present. Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;9/27/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 34, p4
The author offers opinions on Jeff Zucker, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the television broadcasting company NBC Universal, who announced he would leave that position after his firm's merger with Comcast Corp. is finalized. Zucker is seen as a bold manager who was willing to experiment in...
- Opening Channels All Over the Globe. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 36, p16
The article focuses on Mark Hollinger, the president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Discovery Networks International in the U.S. It highlights the initiatives of Hollinger in shaping a programming model, combined with highly efficient operations that have produced some of the highest...
- Where will your firm be in five years? // Media Week;9/22/2009, Issue 1226, p8
The article presents the views of three media executives on the future of their companies. Gerhard Zeiler, chief executive officer (CEO) of RTL Group, believes that RTL's revenues will come from advertising and diversification activity such as content sales and online. John Cresswell, CEO of...
- Zeiler urges digital push. Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;4/17/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that Gerhard Zeiler, chief executive of RTL Group, launched the first of a series of keynote addresses at the 2007 Mip TV event in April 2007 with his speech titled "Capturing Digital Opportunities: Traditional Media Strikes Back." Zeiler called on broadcasters to consider...