Comcast Needs an Ombudsman: The Wire Has Some Suggestions
- ATO use of 'access without notice' powers sound. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;2/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p9
The article offers information on the report by Commonwealth and Taxation Ombudsman regarding Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Talks continue on ombudsman. Plummer, John // Third Sector;11/9/2010, Issue 638, p1
The article reports on the discussion between the British government and the Compact Voice, which represents the voluntary sector on the Compact, about whether an ombudsman will be appointed to look into the breaches of the Compact.
- The citizen's protector. Soderman, Jacob // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p27
Describes the work in the office of the European Ombudsman. Tasks and functions of the European Ombudsman; Examples of the practical results the European Ombudsman has managed to achieve; Relations of the European Ombudsman with European Union institutions; Limitations of the powers of the...
- Ombudsmen gain followers overseas. Dalton, Terry // Quill;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p41
Discusses the increasing acceptance of ombudsmen in non-English-speaking countries. Additional members of the Organization of News Ombudsmen (ONO); New democracies' demand for press accountability; Professor Jong Ki Kim as head of an effort aimed at installing ombudsmen at several South Korean...
- Keeping the peace. Bahls, Jane Easter // Entrepreneur;Aug1995, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p70
Discusses the importance of having a professional ombuds practitioner in upcoming business organizations. Role of the ombuds; Suggestions on how to evaluate the need for professional ombuds for an organization; Ways of formulating an ombuds program.
- Parties clash in Commons over grocery ombudsman. // Horticulture Week;2/3/2012, p21
The article discusses an opposition day debate in the House of Commons where the actions of Great Britain's government on grocery ombudsman were discussed.
- Judged by those less qualified than us. BAMFORD, NICK // Money Marketing;11/12/2015, Issue 1509, p35
The article presents the author's views on reassurance of any complaint by the Great Britain Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
- Pensions Ombudsman reports. // Accountancy;Oct94, Vol. 114 Issue 1214, p110
Highlights the Pensions Ombudsman's reports for 1994. Complaints; Case jurisdiction.
- Comcast bylaws change allows easier way to spin off divisions. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p12
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s shareholders' approval of a resolution that will make it easier for the company to spin off individual business units. Possible candidates for a spinoff; Features of the company's acquisition of E.W. Scripps; Three classes of stock by the company.