Drive Business by Delegating
- The art of delegating. Maeglin, Kathy // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/12/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p25
Describes ways in which businesswomen in Indianapolis, Indiana, delegate responsibility. Impact of the way some women have been socialized; Effective delegators' general belief that people are capable and worthy of trust; Finding that women are not used to being part of a team.
- Seeing the bigger picture. Wahhab, Iqbal // Director;Apr2014, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p27
The article discusses the benefits of delegating management tasks to employees to further grow the business. It notes the fear among small and medium enterprise (SME) owners and chief executives that the person they ask to do the job would not do the work as well as them. The author suggests...
- Letting Grow. Henricks, Mark // Entrepreneur;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p63
Presents a strategy for expanding business enterprises. Recommendation for entrepreneurs to avoid an owner-dependent operation; Concern of founders of maintaining service or product quality consistency with regards to geographic expansion; Concern over the owner's beliefs on their ability to...
- Take one for the team. Roth, J.D. // Entrepreneur;May2012, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p74
The article offers advice for entrepreneurs on how to delegate responsibility and trust others to complete business-related tasks. Tips include evaluating business needs, using referrals to find employees or contract workers, and find business-minded people that can work independently. It also...
- Deja de ser un adicto al trabajo. WALSH, ROD // Entrepreneur Mexico;mar2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p98
No abstract available.
- When a business matures: how to keep the entrepreneurial thrust. Brown, Robert // Management Review;Apr80, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the maintenance of entrepreneurial thrust after a business matures. Importance of a wise management in maintaining entrepreneurial thrust; Challenges posed by companies after an initial growth period; Influence of corporate structure on corporate success.
- Delegation of Authority. Vessenes, Peter M. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p42
Discusses the trends and strategies on the delegation of authority. Assumptions on the delegation of authority; Levels of delegation of authority; Rules of delegation.
- Delegation. Knippen, Jay T.; Green, Thad B. // Supervision;Mar90, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p7
Examines the importance of proper and effective delegation by managers in an industrial organization. Definition of the term `delegation'; Need for managers to know how to delegate; Instances when delegation is necessary; Ways that managers can delegate effectively.
- Delegate for results. Caudron, Shari // Industry Week/IW;2/6/95, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p27
Focuses on the importance of delegation in the workplace. Reasons why managers do not delegate more often; Developmental steps for effective delegation of authority; Three key management responsibilities that should never be delegated. INSETS: Organizational obstacles (obstacles to...