Movin' On Up
- Mentoring for women biz-owners coming to Detroit Sept. 21. Tweh, Bowdeya // Crain's Detroit Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p28
The article presents information on the mentoring program Athena PowerLink. The program will be launched exclusively for women business-owners in Detroit, Michigan. This mentoring program aims to connect a woman business-owner with advisors to enhance her company's performance. A cocktail...
- Women, tips to overcome hurdles, grow your business. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;6/27/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p36
Presents tips for women owners of businesses on overcoming hurdles towards achieving business growth. Rise in the number of women-owned businesses in the U.S.; Challenges faced by such businesses; Need for such businesses to consider any kind of financing.
- National research project hopes to jump start growth of businesses owned by women of color. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/21/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p33
The article provides information on the national research project to identify obstacles to business growth encountered by women business owners of color, which will be held from May 2007 to 2008 in Atlanta, Georgia. In connection, a research forum will be conducted by the Center for Women's...
- Joining Forces. Pennington, April Y. // Entrepreneur;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p41
Presents tips for a successful women-owned business enterprises. Enrollment in formal mentoring programs; Formulation of business plans; Recognition on the importance of commitment and effective communication process.
- Pitch contest features women-owned firms. Dewey, Charlsie // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/14/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p6
The article offers information on the Entrepreneur YOU Business Plan & Pitch Competition featuring women-owned firms which will be hosted by the Michigan Women's Foundation, an organization committed for the economic empowerment of women and girls in Michigan, in West Michigan in October 2015.
- Muskegon Chamber unveils goals, board members for 2009. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/16/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p5
This article deals with the new goals and strategies of board members announced by Cindy Larsen, president of the Muskegon Area Chamber of Commerce for 2009. Some of the new board members are Ed Garner, Tracy Bailey, and Nicholas Paper. Wes Eklund of Fleet Engineers says the most valuable...
- feedback. Altman, Troy; Deshields, Tisha; Lee, John-Pau; Orr, Michael; Chaudhuri, Suman // Entrepreneur;Sep2008, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article that was published in the previous issues including "Get Real" in the April 2008 issue, "Original Belly Works" and "First" in the June 2008 issue.
- Web seminar for women business owners. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p23
This article informs that KeyBank's newly branded solutions and service to women-owned businesses, Key4Women, will host a free web seminar including a panel discussion with women business owners. The mission of Key4Women is to provide women business owners with access to information, education...
- Upside to downsizing? Henricks, Mark // Crain's Chicago Business;12/13/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p30
This article reports that one possible explanation for the growth in Chicago, Illinois's womenowned businesses is the lousy job market. In roughly the same time frame, the number of women-owned Chicago firms grew 18.8%, according to an analysis by the Center for Women's Business Research. That...