Women of Excellence
- Courage and character, leaders and legends: an interview with Maryl Johnson, MD. Ohler, Linda // Progress in Transplantation;Sep2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p224
The article profiles physician Maryl Johnson, who is a heart failure and transplant cardiologist at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin and plays active roles in several transplant societies, including the American Society of Transplantation. In the article the views that Johnson...
- Inforum's Call to Action. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/19/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p4
The article discusses ways that companies must do to expand the role of female corporate leaders in the business sector and how Michigan women can improve their careers. It suggests companies to work toward functional diversity and to put more women in the executive ranks. Women should get...
- Curriculum vitae. // Director (00123242);May2005, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p14
Features Sunny Crouch, managing director of World Trade Center in London, England, and her aim to continue mentoring women and help businesses grow. Career background.
- A WOMAN'S WORKâ€¦. // Coaching at Work;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p15
The article discusses the role of coaches and mentors in improving the percentage of women in British corporate boards, as discussed in the Davies Report released in February 2011. The report aims to promote the appointment of women as board members, with a target of 25-percent women...
- Do managerial women prefer women mentors? Burke, Ronald J.; McKeen, Carol A. // Psychological Reports;Apr95, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p688
Compares experiences of managerial women who had female and male mentors and the influence of cross-sex mentoring relationships in Canada. Selection of female business graduates; Collection of data using questionnaires; Demographic characteristics.
- Jane Martin. // Indianapolis Business Journal;Spring2008 INBiz Supplement, Vol. 3, p29
The article profiles Jane Martin, co-founder and general partner of Village Ventures and one of the leading entrepreneurial business mentors in Indiana. She has 30 years of experience in public and private equity investing and technology commercialization. Martin was the acting chief executive...
- When student is ready, the teacher will appear. Krebs, Michelle // Automotive News;9/11/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5893, p26W-h
Focuses on the relevance of business mentoring on the career of women executives in the automobile industry in North America. Formation of an informal mentoring within companies; Responsibilities of upper level executives as mentors; Role of women in the industry; Involvement of women...
- LEADERS OF TODAY. // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, pW-3
Features several women executives and civic leaders in Cleveland, Ohio. Jamie Caputo; Daily L. Alford-Smith; Dorothy Baunach; Barbara Byrd-Bennett; Carol A. Cartwright; Cathy Monroe Lewis; Margot James Copeland; Jane L. Campbell.
- Why we're giving away 300 Tech in Asia Singapore 2016 passes to women in tech. // Inc. India;12/11/2015, p1
The article presents statistics that show the rise of women executives who hold leadership positions in technology positions worldwide.