- Strategies to take women to the top. // Administrative Professional Today;Dec2013, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p1
The article offers several helpful strategies for women when it comes moving into higher management positions in an organization. It reveals that one factor that propels women to higher positions is their unwillingness to be treated like a commodity. Several strategies being discussed include...
- Europe attempts to promote women scientists. Goodman, Sally // Nature;11/13/2003, Vol. 426 Issue 6963, p210
The article explores conditions of women scientists in industry and academia in the context of Europe. The reasons for the shortage of women in science and engineering, particularly in senior positions, are well documented. Opaque recruitment practices, the pressures of juggling workload with...
- 'I Guarantee Jeff Shell Will Not Be Worrying About Spanx, Hair and Makeup'. // Hollywood Reporter;12/18/2015 Supplement Women in Entertainment, p46
The author discusses her experience working in the entertainment industry. Topics cited her reaction to "The New York Times Magazine" article "The women of Hollywood speak out," her claim that there is nothing fair with being a working executive wife and mother and suggestion for women to give...
- Glass ceilings? Give us all a break. Simms, Jane // Director;Jan2010, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p23
The article discusses the plight of women in the corporate career ladder. Based on the latest Female FTSE report, the author claims there is a worsening prospect for women in the corporate ladder. The author believes that although a few are determined to reach the top, most women deliberately...
- Women of Color in Accounting: Exploring the Intersection of Race/Ethnicity and Gender. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses a study which examines the experiences of minority women in accounting firms in the U.S. Findings of the study reveal that they felt less included in such professional services compared to American businesswomen. It also indicates that they were less likely to become aware...
- Study: Women of color face challenges in business. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p10
This article reports that the Network of Executive Women has issued a new report urging action on the promotion of women of color in the consumer products and retail industry. The report, "Women of Color: The Challenge and Opportunity Ahead," includes a 10-point corporate action plan to help...
- Women reach for the top. MARIOTTI, JOHN // Industry Week/IW;03/01/99, Vol. 248 Issue 5, p66
Examines women in leadership roles. Percentage of women in the United States workforce and in business; Need for companies to seek out qualified women and promote them at every opportunity; Ways to enable women to contribute to companies.
- Women Rule the Schools. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p16
Presents excerpts from an article on the increase in the number of women taking top jobs, published in the July 23, 2002, issue of 'The Republic.'
- Woman's world. Anderson, Lindsey // American Lift & Handlers;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses her experience of visiting her mother at work as a child and the increasing number of women working in fields where men are dominant.