SICK AND SUCCEEDING
- Women, Work, and Autoimmune Disease: Keep Working, Girlfriend! Janes, Jodith // Library Journal;5/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p90
The article reviews the book "Women, Work, and Autoimmune Disease: Keep Working, Girlfriend!" by Rosalind Joffe and Joan Friedlander.
- Women, Work, and Autoimmune Disease: Keep Working, Girlfriend! Rafanello, Donna // Momentum (19403410);Fall2009, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p52
The article reviews the book "Women, Work, and Autoimmune Disease: Keep Working, Girlfriend!," by Rosalind Joffe and Joan Friedlander.
- How to avoid a repeat yeast infection. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Apr93, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p47
Advises that if you suffer from repeated yeast infections to make sure that you and your doctor are investigating all causes. Problem of too-general a diagnosis; Exposure to a broad spectrum antibiotic; Possibility of an infected sexual partner; Use of oral contraceptives; Use of nonoxynol-9;...
- Recurring `yeast' infection may be early HIV sign. // FDA Consumer;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p5
Reports that an addition to the labeling of over-the-counter remedies for vaginal yeast infections warns that women who may have been exposed to HIV and who have recurring or persistent vaginal fungal infections should immediately seek professional medical attention. What the infections are...
- Homeopathy works for women. Reichenberg-Ulman, Judyth // Homeopathy Today;Jun2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the use of homeopathy by women. Self-treatment homeopathy; Conditions where professional treatment is needed.
- R&D for women's Rxs on the rise. // Drug Topics;10/24/94, Vol. 138 Issue 20, p8
Reports that 330 medicines are in human clinical trials to treat diseases that affect only women.
- Hot Flashes: Aetiology and Management. Barton, D.; Loprinzi, C.; Wahner-Roedler, D. // Drugs & Aging;2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p597
Menopause, an event often accompanied by symptoms such as hot flashes, can have a significant impact on a woman's quality of life. A majority of women will experience hot flashes at some point in their life, given a normal life span. Despite multiple theories, the exact pathophysiology of hot...
- Women do die of heart disease. Stuenkel, Cynthia A. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Apr93, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
Examines the tendency of the medical profession to overlook the severity of heart disease in women. Heart disease mislabeled as a male disease; Tests yielding vague results in women; Symptoms similar to other diseases; Loss of ovarian estrogen production associated with an increased risk;...
- Finding relief from headache pain for women. E.B. // Medical Update;Aug97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p2
Provides information on treatment for headache pain for women. Hormone fluctuations in women as trigger of headaches; Susceptibility of women to migraine attacks; Tension headaches; Side effects of nonprescription pain relievers; Consultation with a doctor.