FROM SCIENCE TO SALES
- Brick and mortar, e-business can work together. Gibson, Stan // PC Week;11/29/99, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p88
Focuses on the electronic commerce strategy of Office Depot. Specter of channel conflict in selling over the Web; Public e-commerce Web site; Ways in which the channel synergy works.
- Office Depot debuts Japanese Web site. // B to B;08/28/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p20
Reports on the launching of Office Depot Inc.'s Web site in Japan.
- Office Depot puts focus on 'business' in new year. Krol, Carol // B to B;1/17/2005, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on "Office Depot," which is taking care of business in the new year with an advertising campaign that launched January 3, 2005. The campaign highlights the company's renewed commitment to business customers, who make up 80 percent of Office Depot's customer base. The company...
- Office Depot's Nelson: rebound is under way. Prior, Molly // DSN Retailing Today;5/6/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the status of Office Depot's business in the retail market in 2001. Measures taken by the company on improving its sales; Contribution of electronic commerce to the sales of the company; Reason behind the decision of the company to scale back the number stores it will be opening in...
- Office Depot Launches 'Green' Web Site. // Chain Store Age;Jun2007, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p48
The article reviews an electronic-commerce Web site of Office Depot, available at www.officedepot.com/buygreen.
- RETAIL BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/22/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p24
This section offers news briefs on the consumer electronics retail business in the U.S., as of November 22, 2004. According to Jupiter-Research, online sales for November and December 2004 will reach $21.6 billion, a 19 percent increase compared to the same period in 2003. 86 million residents...
- Office Depot Finds An E-Business That Works. Stires, David // Fortune;2/19/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 4, p232
Discusses the success of the electronic commerce division of Office Depot. Comparison of the electronic retailer to other retailers; Announcement of chief executive officer Bruce Nelson of the closing of 70 Office Depot stores; History of the company; Success of the stock of the company.
- NEWS. // Chain Store Age;Nov2007, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p72
This section offers news briefs related to the online services being offered by retailers. Target Corp. has created a new shopping-list service called TargetLists, which allows shoppers to create multi-occasion gift and shopping lists using in-store and online resources. Office Depot has...
- Web watch. // Discount Store News;3/9/98, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p18
Presents news affecting retail trade over the Internet. Debate in the World Trade Organization whether or not customs or border fees should apply to electronic commerce; Information about Egghead.com format; Launching of the Web site of the Office Depot.