SPEAKING TIPS FROM OBAMA
- The Power Presenter. Weissman, Jerry // Power Presenter - Business Book Summaries;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
72 pp. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2009 Renowned speaking coach Jerry Weissman has trained some of the world's leading corporate executives. Weissman's strategy, which he outlines in The Power Presenter, shows presenters how to conquer the fear of public speaking and how to present with conviction....
- Presentation trigger: The Roman column. Weissman, Jerry // Directors & Boards;2009 4th Quarter, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p64
An excerpt from the book "The Power Presenter: Technique, Style and Strategy from America's Top Speaking Coach," by Jerry Weissman is presented.
- Obama Bus Tour in Parma, Ohio: Your Choice, Your Vote. ZIMON, JILL MILLER // Moderate Voice;7/6/2012, p8
The article presents the author's insights on the U.S. President Barack Obama's Bus Tour in Parma, Ohio on July 5, 2012,in which the tour is the last part of a public speaking event that completes with a Ground Force One.
- Obama's Prize-Winning Oratory. Johnson, Paul // Forbes Asia;12/14/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p14
The article presents the author's comments on U.S. President Barack Obama, who has received the Nobel Prize. The author states that the trouble with Obama is that he talks a great deal and seems to believe that talk is often a substitute for deeds. According to the author, the president has...
- The Final Repudiation. Will, George F. // Newsweek;11/17/2008, Vol. 152 Issue 20, p124
The author discusses the history of presidential elections in the U.S. and says that the 2008 election of Barack Obama would not have been possible under the original system outlined by the U.S. Constitution. Originally, presidents were to be elected by Congressmen, not citizens. This was meant...
- Obama To Speak At 1:30pm Eastern. Edaburn, Patrick // Moderate Voice;6/23/2010, p16
The article reports on the decision of U.S. President Barack Obama to cancel his schedule for public announcement regarding the status of General Stanley McChrystal as the commander in Afghanistan.
- Barack Obama's Victory Speech in Iowa: When the Anti-hero Runs for President. Young-Johnson, Connie // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
I examine the rhetoric that Barack Obama used in his campaign speeches to win nomination for the Democratic National Party during the 2008 Presidential Election. Though I reference several speeches, I focus on Obama's victory speech given in Des Moines, Iowa on January 3, 2008. In this essay, I...
- God hates fags and bankers. Mullins, Michael // Eureka Street;11/21/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p22
The author reflects on the concession speech of Senator John McCain in the U.S. He states that McCain's speech, which is one of the most gracious of all time, had recalled an era when hate and discrimination were the norm of the society. He notes that McCain believed that Barack Obama's election...
- The Death of Rhetoric. BRENNAN, PATRICK T. // Harvard Salient;11/24/2008, p8
The article looks at the victory speech of U.S. President-elect Barack Obama. According to the author, Obama's speech contains multiple instances of patently awful rhetoric, and no bright spots at all. The author also says that there is one memorable moment in the speech and that would be...