- Choose the simplest tax form for your situation. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p15
The article offers information on choosing the paper tax form to file for the 2010 individual tax return including when to use 1040EZ and 1040.
- Taxpayers warned of unscrupulous tax preparers. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/24/2003-3/3/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p17
Encourages taxpayers to carefully review the returns prepared for them by their tax preparer. Description of the types of tax return preparers; Tips on choosing credible tax preparer.
- Putting in your tax return. Scott, Richard // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2010, Issue 124, p43
The article discusses three methods to prepare tax returns in Australia which include do-it-yourself online, use of a tax agent and hiring a registered accountant.
- February to-do list: Find a tax preparer before the good ones are taken. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Feb2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p2
The article presents advice on selecting a professional tax preparer.
- Highlighting Hidden Fees. MILLER, SEAN J. // Back Stage (1946-5440);1/2/2014, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p7
The article discusses tax preparations for U.S. actors in 2014. Tax expert Chuck Sloan suggests that actors write down a list of everyone that paid them money, as this is an easy way to track where to expect a tax form from. Performer and tax expert Beth Lynn Kelly believes that actors can use...
- The Effects of Financial Accounting Conformity on Recommendations of Tax Preparers. Cloyd, C. Bryan // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Fall95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p50
When the "correct" tax and financial accounting treatments of a transaction are ambiguous, the choices of each may be interrelated because of the perception that aggressive (e.g., taxable income decreasing) tax positions are strengthened by conforming financial accounting treatments. From the...
- The Effect of Magnitude of IRS Assessment and Engagement Letters on Tax Preparer Liability. Krawczyk, Kathy; Sawyers, Roby B. // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Fall95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p71
An experiment was conducted to explore the effects of the magnitude of assessments by the IRS and engagement letters that clarify tax preparer or taxpayer responsibilities or limit claims against tax preparers on tax preparer liability. One hundred seventeen members of civic organizations...
- 2012 Tax Season Survival Guide. Skiles, Dan // Investment Advisor;Feb2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p71
The article offers tips for financial and investment advisors in making their way through the hectic 2012 tax season in the U.S. The author mentions that aside from preparing clients' tax returns, advisors can work on their clients' 1099 reports, particularly for accounts that include mutual...
- Filling in the gaps: Budgeting without a salary. PANT, PAULA // Quill;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p34
The article offers budgeting tips for freelancers. People without regular income are advised to review their past statements of income and tax returns, identify their lowest monthly income, and keep expenses 20 percent lower than the lowest income amount. Additional tips include saving 20...