AMERICAN ACADEMY OF ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEONS CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINE ON The Treatment of Glenohumeral Joint Osteoarthritis
- New CPG Workgroup Forming. // AAOS Now;Nov2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p42
The article presents information on clinical practice guideline (CPG) on the Surgical Management of Osteoarthritis of the Knee, to be developed by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), for which the Academy is seeking volunteers to participate on a workgroup.
- Osteoarthritis guidelines issued. // Chain Drug Review;8/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p30
The article reports on the recommendations by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons to use acetaminophen, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and intra-articular corticosteroids to treat osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in Illinois. The academy has released a clinical practice guideline,...
- CPG on OA Knee Treatment Disappoints. Rojer, David E.; Hak, David J. // AAOS Now;
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles "AAOS Approves Updated OA Knee CPG" in the June 2013 issue and "In the Top 100 Classic Articles, Where's Mine?" in the January 2011 issue.
- CPGs In Development. // AAOS Now;Mar2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p39
The article discusses the guidelines being developed in the Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) as of March 2013. These guidelines include Treatment of Osteoarthritis of the Knee, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries and Management of Hip...
- What do you know about AAOS CPGs? Shuttari-Khan, Fareeha // AAOS Now;Aug2011, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p45
The article offers information on the webinar of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) on the development of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) for the osteoporotic spinal fractures treatment on August 23, 2011.
- New treatment guideline for knee OA based on systematic literature review. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p10
This article reports on a clinical practice guideline for the treatment of osteoarthritis in the knee released by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons in 2009.
- To Brace or Not to Brace? Fernandez, Kim // O&P Almanac;Feb2011, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p28
The article offers information on the use of knee braces for the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA) in the knee. It states that the new guidelines has been released by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) which includes patient education, analgesics, and arthroscopic surgery in...
- AAOS supports new concussion statement. // AAOS Now;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the availability of a new guidelines on mild traumatic brain injury conceptualized by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) that recommend athletes suspected of, or diagnosed with concussion not to be allowed to return play in the U.S.
- Preventing Venous Thromboembolic Disease in Patients Undergoing Elective Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Jacobs, Joshua J.; Mont, Michael A.; Bozic, Kevin John; Valle, Craig J. Delia; Goodman, Stuart Barry; Lewis, Courtland G.; Yates Jr., Adolph "Chick" J.; Boggio, Lisa N.; Watters III, William C.; Turkelson, Charles M.; Wies, Janet L.; Sluka, Patrick; Hitchcock, Kristin // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;4/18/2012, Vol. 94-A Issue 8, p746
The article presents a summary of the recommendations of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons guideline for preventing thromboembolic disease in patients undergoing elective total hip and knee arthroplasty.