IN THE LOOP…
- Perseus Purchases Avalon Publishing; Winton Remains as Consultant. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the acquisition of the Avalon Publishing Group Inc. by Perseus Books Group in New York. It is stated that the Perseus president and chief executive officer David Steinberger refused to disclose the purchased price of $30 million in 2006. Chief executive officer Charlie...
- Avalon to Acquire Seal Press. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p15
Provides information on the acquisition of Seal Press by the Avalon Publishing Group. Number of Seal Press employees affected by the acquisition; Terms of the deal; Benefits of the acquisition for Avalon.
- Avalon Finds Good Fit with Perseus. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/15/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the decision of Charlie Winton, president of Avalon Publishing Group, to sell the publishing company to Perseus Books Group. As discussions with Perseus progressed, Winton became convinced that the company, with its decentralized structure and satellite offices, would be a...
- 2002 Mergers & Acquisitions In The U.S. Consumer Book Industry. // Book Publishing Report;12/23/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p8
Reports the acquisition and merger of several consumer book industries in the U.S. Acquisition of Seal Press by Avalon Publishing Group; Details of Ellen Levine Literary Agency with Trident Media; Decision of Creative Publishing International to purchase the assets of Two-Can Publishing.
- Perseus to Buy Fisher Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 24, p26
Reports that the Perseus Book Group agreed in June 2000 to acquire Fisher Books of Tucson, Arizona. Schedule of the expected closure of the deal; Benefits of the acquisition for Perseus; Terms of the deal.
- Merger With Running Press A 'Game-Changing Move' That Fits Perseus Books Group's Game Plan. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;3/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p3
Reports the merger between Perseus Books Group and Running Press (RP). Views of chief executive officer of Perseus Jack McKeown on the merger agreement; Job responsibilities of RP president Stuart Teacher; Amount of revenues.
- Perseus Books Group Acquires Running Press. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the acquisition of Running Press by Perseus Books Group. Views of Perseus chief executive officer Jack McKeown on the merger; Book titles published by Perseus annually; Benefits of the acquisition on Perseus.
- Perseus acquires Westview Press. // Publishers Weekly;3/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the acquisition of Westview Press, the academic, professional and reference books subsidiary of HarperCollins, by Perseus Books. Terms of the deal as not disclosed; Other Perseus holdings.
- Perseus Acquires Plenum's Trade Businesses. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p11
Reports the acquisition of the trade publishing operations of Plenum Publishing Corp. by Perseus Books Group company. Details on the acquisition deal; Comment from Jack McKeown, president and chief executive officer of Perseus.