- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p6
Reports the financial impact of the acquisition of the Hungry Minds (HM) by John Wiley & Sons Inc. Contribution of HM to full-year earnings for fiscal year 2002; Revenues generated by HM; Increase of the third quarter net income of John Wiley & Sons.
- Hungry Minds Addition Boosts Wiley. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p12
Reports on the significance of the acquisition of Hungry Minds to the sales increase experienced by publishing company John Wiley & Sons in the second quarter ended October 31, 2001. Net income of Wiley for the quarter; Impact of the September 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States on book...
- Hungry Minds Drives John Wiley's Gains. Milliot, Jim; Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;3/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 10, p10
Reports that John Wiley's acquisition of Hungry Minds has made an impact on its earnings for the third quarter of 2001. Profit growth posted for the period; Sales performance of its international operations; News involving its purchase of Hungry Minds.
- Will Pesce. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/6/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 48, p22
The article features Will Pesce, chief executive officer of John Wiley & Sons. It cites the leadership of Pesce as one of the reasons for the record sales and profits posted by the company in its fiscal year ended April 30, 2010. His proudest achievement is said to be the smooth integration of...
- The Newest, oddest Couple: Wiley + Hungry Minds. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p1
Reports on publishing company, the John Wiley & Sons Inc.'s acquisition of Hungry Minds Inc. Background on the merging companies; Merger terms; Value of the merger; Benefits for the companies.
- Wiley Has Strong Start. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the operating performance of John Wiley & Sons publishing company for the first quarter ended July 31, 2001. Increase in total first quarter sales and net income; Details on its acquisition of Hungry Minds publishing company; Information on its planned relocation to Hoboken, New...
- Wiley writes next chapter: To grow with acquisitions. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;06/21/99, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p4
Focuses on New York City-based midsized publisher John Wiley & Sons' expansion of its reach. Acquisition strategy; Vow to remain independent; Revenues for the fiscal year ended April 30, 1999.
- Travel Segment Challenged As Frommer's Goes on Auction Block. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2012, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the business performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc.' Frommer's travel brand which is up for sale as the company believes that the brand no longer aligns with their long-term business strategy.
- Today's TransactionsHoughton Mifflin Acquires Webster's and CliffsNotes. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/12/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p23
The article reports on the plan of Trade and Reference Division of publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcort to acquire the culinary portfolio of publishing firm John Wiley & Sons Inc.