Demise Of iPublish Validates Competitors' More Conservative Approach To Ebooks
- Will it ever catch on? // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p64
Reports the development of electronic books from the AOL Time Warner in Great Britain.
- iPublish.com Sets E-books List. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p10
Deals with the release of a list of electronic books by iPublish.com. Topics covered by the books which are scheduled for publication in September 2000; Statement issued by Claire Zion, editorial director of iPublish.com.
- IPublish.com Works to Develop New Authors. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/15/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 42, p14
Presents an update on Time Warner Trade Publishing's iPublish.com as of October 2001. Services of iPublish.com; Electronic book offerings of the service; Number of registered members and consumers.
- E-Books Move the Earth at Book Expo. Ott, Bill // American Libraries;Aug2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p30
Discusses electronic books and their potential effect on the publishing industry. Details of Book Expo America at which booksellers, publishers, and librarians look at the fall lists of books; Discussions of how each group would deal with e-books; Time Warner's commitment to its e-publishing...
- Information, not technology, is where the real competitive advantage lies. Allen, Katherine // Information World Review;Oct2003, Issue 195, p32
Comments on a variety of announcements from the U.S. relating to the information content industry in September 2003. Decision of the board of directors of AOL Time Warner to drop AOL from the company's name; Reasons for the move of Barnes & Noble.com to stop selling electronic books; Release of...
- News Bytes. // Information Today;Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
The section presents updates related to the information technology industry. AOL announced that it has acquired The Relegence Corp., the financial news and information search technology company. A study that examined the purchasing preferences of more than 400 librarians internationally...
- Corporate Axt Falls on 'TNT Originals' Umstead, Thomas // Multichannel News;12/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p6
Reports on the cost cutting of AOL Time Warner Inc. a television network in United States. Elimination of jobs; Improvement of mixed record; Production of original series.
- IM ROLE PLAYING. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;5/19/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the influence of AOL Time Warner Inc. to the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Launch of voice conferencing and voice services; Market share in the instant messaging (IM) market; Creation of a series of specification allowing IM providers to interoperate.
- AOL TW modifies 2002 growth. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p4
Reports the modifications on the 2002 revenue growth forecast for AOL Time Warner in New York. Details on the $40 billion-$60 billion noncash charge of the company; Expectations on cash flow growth; Factors that will affect fourth quarter figures.